Hairyjig

Charging fishfinder battery ?

34 posts in this topic

Just stumbling upon this thread. Good info I am going to use grease and get mine ready. I only used it a few times last year. What is a decent charger for a battery this size? I see multiples on amazon with mediocre reviews. Very useful stuff in here. Thanks. 

Posted (edited)

Finally finished this up. Thanks for all the advice. Those caps from West Marine are way better than the rubber grommets I was trying to use previously. Think this came out pretty good for a guy who doesn’t know what he’s doing. Now I gotta figure out how to use the fish finder. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79eQatsTZ6c

Edited by paulsoncall

On 4/7/2018 at 4:32 PM, paulsoncall said:

Finally finished this up. Thanks for all the advice. Those caps from West Marine are way better than the rubber grommets I was trying to use previously. Think this came out pretty good for a guy who doesn’t know what he’s doing. Now I gotta figure out how to use the fish finder. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79eQatsTZ6c

Paul it looks good, the only thing I would do is give your self a little more cable (transducer cable) before it goes into the fitting- this will act as a drip loop so when you angle the ducer up and water runs down it wont run straight to that connector. 

3 hours ago, robmedina said:

Paul it looks good, the only thing I would do is give your self a little more cable (transducer cable) before it goes into the fitting- this will act as a drip loop so when you angle the ducer up and water runs down it wont run straight to that connector. 

Great tip.  Thanks Rob.