eelbasher

Incorrect storage....I'm an idiot, pics inside

21 posts in this topic

14 mins ago, stormy monday said:

I wonder how many PSI he pumps into that hull?

I'd keep it below 20, should be plenty and you don't want to make the news.

I have a construction crew working on my house, and found that they had been storing a couple hundred pounds of siding on my boat, which is on 2 cross beams. Since it's winter, I hadn't looked in the garage for a while . Might have to try one of these pop out methods- thanks for the input.

dent kayak.jpg

On 3/17/2018 at 9:27 AM, Poisson Idea said:

I have a construction crew working on my house, and found that they had been storing a couple hundred pounds of siding on my boat, which is on 2 cross beams. 

That sucks, I hope you can pop it out. Or just subtract the cost of a new boat from the final check with that picture attached.  Some workers are simply too f**king dumb to live.  I had a floor crew in, and one wanted to prop open the door. There's tons of lumber & stuff in the hallway, what does he grab? A large glass light fixture globe! Grrr.

It you cant wait until the summer when the sun is blazing.. then try to use the method in that youtube video that was posted earlier in the thread. Tape off the hatches to stop air leaks, warm gently with a heat gun and then pump some air into it.

I think I have too much hardware and hatches to keep a tight seal, but I like the hot water idea. I got my boat out from under the weight and will attend to it when I get a few days above freezing!