RudyH2O

Pork rind availability?

25 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, puppet said:

what species are you targeting???

Yes...we would use gulp shrimp too for halibut.  Its not that they had much action..the scent slick seemed to be the enticer....we would drop shot them.

If you have not done it...dropshotting gulp and soft plastics in the salt can be deadly.

The biggest advantage is working the presentation in place on structure instead of moving past it.

Mostly spotted seatrout, redfish, flounder, and Spanish mackerel.

I do like drop shotting Gulp baits. Works great. I did a deep dive some years ago learning about the origins of drop shotting, and learned that it originated in Japan, where there a lot of shore fishermen with access to limited structure, so they make the most out of what they have.

25 mins ago, Wire For Fire said:

Found a hoard ... this is a friend of friends stash ... I'd say he went alil over board but gonna try and wiggle few jars out of him..

IMG_2515.JPG

Man I thought I had a lot. That’s a life time supply I should be good for the next 5 years 

25 mins ago, Wire For Fire said:

Found a hoard ... this is a friend of friends stash ... I'd say he went alil over board but gonna try and wiggle few jars out of him..

IMG_2515.JPG

Man I thought I had a lot. That’s a life time supply I should be good for the next 5 years 

that stockpile is a little nuts. That one milk crate has 140 jars or about 1200 dollars worth of pigskin.

hahahahhahaha. time for an intervention. I will take ten jars please.

17 hours ago, puppet said:

that stockpile is a little nuts. That one milk crate has 140 jars or about 1200 dollars worth of pigskin.

hahahahhahaha. time for an intervention. I will take ten jars please.

Yea like I said not mine.. I'm not that crazy ... but I believe he spent north of 3 grand... crazyness 

Posted (edited)

Every time I see people complaining about the durability of gulp I wonder why nobody recommends Elaztech baits from Z Man.  They are absolutely crazy indestructible and come in a ton of colors, shapes and sizes.  I use their plastics whenever possible as they last FOREVER.  Hard to get on the hook they’re so tough and if you’re cutting them down you better have scissors!  

They em don’t have the stink of pork but if it’s durability you’re after you’d be hard pressed to beat Elaztech! 

Edited by MagicMatt3R5

I lucked out and came across a store that still had some Uncle Josh in stock. I bought a bunch at the time. When I run out I guess I'll go end up throwing otter tails instead.

I just don't like otter tails nearly as much as the real thing. It doesn't "flow" the same in the water and I've noticed it sometimes tangles more around the hook during casts and retrieves.

On 3/19/2018 at 8:48 PM, Sandbar1 said:

I lucked out and came across a store that still had some Uncle Josh in stock. I bought a bunch at the time. When I run out I guess I'll go end up throwing otter tails instead.

I just don't like otter tails nearly as much as the real thing. It doesn't "flow" the same in the water and I've noticed it sometimes tangles more around the hook during casts and retrieves.

Hey grats on your 1000th post!

18 mins ago, DooPA77 said:

Hey grats on your 1000th post!

Thanks man, appreciate it.

Posted (edited)

On 3/19/2018 at 8:48 PM, Sandbar1 said:

Couldn’t agree more on the otter tails ! Drives me bonkers with the way that they tangle up on the hook !!! Constantly fidgeting with them. 

Edited by SurfCasterNJ