Sandbar1

fishing action shots

133 posts in this topic

39 mins ago, cartopper said:

Great shot guys . . . Bido, did that one stay connected?

We leadered 3 that evening including that one.   Lost a couple others.  Had them fighting over live-lined mullet at times.  Guide said "well, it doesn't get any better than that".  I was happy to get one.

My, then 12 year grandson on a 100# bat ray....

zCWs0eU.jpg

And a video of the 2nd one he caught within a 1/2 hour of the 1st....I helped just at the last, on the 2nd fish (On my way oversized rod), but he did the whole thing in the 1st ray...

Butch

17 hours ago, hydraman said:

Great pictures can you please tell me what rod you are using? 

Hello Hydraman,

that is a daiwa firewolf rod.

it is a custom modified rod I created,,,,it is actually a planerboard rod for trolling for large sweetwater fish like in the great lakes or other large lakes.

it has a parabolic power to it and they come in at 9 ft 6 inches.

they are not expensive either they sell on BPS for 20 bucks drop shipped to your home directly from daiwa at least back when I bought them they were.

not a bad rod at all.

my mods came with a DPS trigger reel seat,corktape and removal of the stripper guide that's all I did and made a nice rod.

I liked it so much I bought 3 more and did them in various lengths from stock down to 8 ft 3 inches which I didn't like much,too short.

I throw rubber with it using a 3\4-1-12 oz leadhead with a 6 inch saltwater assassin sea shad,they seem to like throwing them.

have thrown my swimmers up to 4 oz with them and they have held up very well,no problems with any of them.

mounted on top of them are ming-yang CL-60's[the silver one] as well as CL-70's,the blue one is a CL-70[also have a red one too.] in the shots you saw.

they too have been rock solid and it has been maybe 8 years or so that I have had them in service.

hope this answers your questions.

HH

pic-ming-yang CL-60

5aa6ff7148354_HHPlugWerxLDP648.JPG.d804a30f7ef0b36a21e7f9d9d672be64.JPG

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 4:52 PM, FyshhTrap said:

Some Herring chasing a 1oz.spinnerbait 

IMG_0398[1].JPG

I'd say those are alewives,I remember them chasing my trout sized rapalas back when.

we used to fish for them and catch them with those tiny ice drop jigs,tie on 3 of a diff color and throw them into the current and they would swarm them.

nice shot.

HH

15 mins ago, Roddy said:

I'd say those are alewives

yeah they're Alewives still moving North 10 miles Past the Federal Dam on the Hudson river and into the Mohawk river , I was testing out a 1oz. spinnerbait I made and these guys were following it by the Wolf pack. Took the shot with a Cannon Power shot DS10

2 hours ago, Roddy said:

Hello Hydraman,

that is a daiwa firewolf rod.

it is a custom modified rod I created,,,,it is actually a planerboard rod for trolling for large sweetwater fish like in the great lakes or other large lakes.

it has a parabolic power to it and they come in at 9 ft 6 inches.

they are not expensive either they sell on BPS for 20 bucks drop shipped to your home directly from daiwa at least back when I bought them they were.

not a bad rod at all.

my mods came with a DPS trigger reel seat,corktape and removal of the stripper guide that's all I did and made a nice rod.

I liked it so much I bought 3 more and did them in various lengths from stock down to 8 ft 3 inches which I didn't like much,too short.

I throw rubber with it using a 3\4-1-12 oz leadhead with a 6 inch saltwater assassin sea shad,they seem to like throwing them.

have thrown my swimmers up to 4 oz with them and they have held up very well,no problems with any of them.

mounted on top of them are ming-yang CL-60's[the silver one] as well as CL-70's,the blue one is a CL-70[also have a red one too.] in the shots you saw.

they too have been rock solid and it has been maybe 8 years or so that I have had them in service.

hope this answers your questions.

HH

pic-ming-yang CL-60

5aa6ff7148354_HHPlugWerxLDP648.JPG.d804a30f7ef0b36a21e7f9d9d672be64.JPG

Thank you for all the info Roddy I love rods that do what you want without spending too much money. It sounds like a great set up and just the right size and lure Weights. One question why remove the striper guide?

thank you Hydra Harry