gcjeep14

Asbury !!

48 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, MorningWood said:

But the question is are the club guys allowed to line up at the builder's table before the crowd is let in? I dont see much difference if they buy before the opening bell or are allowed to line up before the opening bell. The 60th guy in line still doesnt have a great shot. Hey it's all part of being a member, it's their show they do a lot of work setting up, etc. but it is frustrating for the guy who waited in line since 4:00am.

I am not sure this is the case in Asbury. I know it was not like that years ago. Lefty RIP went out an hour before the doors opened and gave tickets to the guys in line so no privileges for club members. It made sense then to go early and wait in line. It makes no sense for the shows that don’t give you a good shot unless you are a member.

2 hours ago, Wizard of Odd said:

Cyclone had 60 plugs for sale and used the golden tickets

2 hours ago, Local24 SSP said:

Literally, they handed out 18 golden tickets. 

LOL I thought you were kidding.

5 hours ago, OrtleyBeach35 said:

Didn’t wait on b/c I showed up 11:30. Picked up a Fish on 8 Spook, some SP’s and AVA’s for my boys. 

Either the good stuff was gone quickly, many others had what appeared to have plenty that wasn’t moving...

Nobody sleeps that late for Asbury.  Good thing all you're buddies show you where to fish.

Funny thing is Asbury still sets the tone for plug prices. 6 years ago Gary and Fixter would be sold out in minutes. GRS and the the new hot plugs would still have  full table at 11. All cyclical I guess,  good for the plug builders,  better for the flippers and club members.  Glad I bought my share back then.

33 mins ago, SIC34 said:

Nobody sleeps that late for Asbury.  Good thing all you're buddies show you where to fish.

No Dmags for you! I’m gonna take out the secret next trip bro! 

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, SIC34 said:

Funny thing is Asbury still sets the tone for plug prices. 6 years ago Gary and Fixter would be sold out in minutes. GRS and the the new hot plugs would still have  full table at 11. All cyclical I guess,  good for the plug builders,  better for the flippers and club members.  Glad I bought my share back then.

Roll back 2 more years and Gary RIP will stand in there before the end of the day with a box full of purple plugs. The collectors always set the tone in those shows. Glad I recognized the fishing potential and the quality of GRS plugs back then...

Edited by levari

wow,,,, i remember , when there,were only THREE plug builders at the Asbury show,,, also the other show venue.

Posted (edited)

things have changed over the years, i guess for the better...

Edited by lureman

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Lagerhead said:

What's the big deal about those cyclones??

The resale value..Aside from that, The painting is the best you can find.

Edited by levari

On 3/11/2018 at 3:41 PM, Local24 SSP said:

You needed a golden ticket to get a cyclone. He only came with 18 or so plugs. Dmag pencils sold out real quick too. 

71BCE21F-8A6A-4BF1-B993-63775528D1BA.jpeg

What brand is that yellow eely?

On 3/11/2018 at 9:14 PM, levari said:

I am not sure this is the case in Asbury. I know it was not like that years ago. Lefty RIP went out an hour before the doors opened and gave tickets to the guys in line so no privileges for club members. It made sense then to go early and wait in line. It makes no sense for the shows that don’t give you a good shot unless you are a member.

There were guys that lined up, got a ticket from Lefty, and then were let in early because they were a club member.  Not necessarily AP club either.  They were able to be the first in line to get a Lefty even though they were not the first tickets handed out.  There is no perfect way to be fair to all.  The guy making those lures makes the rules and i find it hilarious guys feel they have a right to buy one.