gcjeep14

Asbury !!

48 posts in this topic

You needed a golden ticket to get a cyclone. He only came with 18 or so plugs. Dmag pencils sold out real quick too. 

71BCE21F-8A6A-4BF1-B993-63775528D1BA.jpeg

Didn’t wait on b/c I showed up 11:30. Picked up a Fish on 8 Spook, some SP’s and AVA’s for my boys. 

Either the good stuff was gone quickly, many others had what appeared to have plenty that wasn’t moving...

3 hours ago, OnTheFish said:

I went cyclones sold out to the person in front of me he didn’t have to many at least I thought I got in line at 8:45 got a d-mag penciled he had some left when I left at 11:30 all the other builders had plenty some very fishable lures at good prices I thought the “junk” bins did have some goodies. Looked to be a good crowd it was hopping. The area did look a little rough a block or so out was surprised usally the touristy water front drives the cost of property up and the rifraff out any way I had a good first trip and plan to go again oh I did put some faces to a few SOL members

You sure they were pencils he had tons of needles left over when i left. 

3 hours ago, Local24 SSP said:

You needed a golden ticket to get a cyclone. He only came with 18 or so plugs.

Like Willy Wonka ?

Was mid 60 in line everyone in front of me was going for cyclones or Dmags

when we were let in I went straight to TB and hardly any left and I was lucky to pick one up.  

I know the club members get first shot at plugs before doors open but that should be worked out prior to so we know before we wait in line for hrs if it worth the wait 

2D6B2A34-04AD-4EE9-AB92-D40DA4499C50.jpeg

E674AEAD-3757-465F-93FE-B1D054FD25FE.jpeg

Contrary to what was written ... AP members do NOT buy before show. That has been the club's policy for 26 years and they enforce it. Cyclone had 60 plugs for sale and used the golden tickets to keep things from getting out of hand. AP Fishing Club members are congratulated for putting on a great show. 

But the question is are the club guys allowed to line up at the builder's table before the crowd is let in? I dont see much difference if they buy before the opening bell or are allowed to line up before the opening bell. The 60th guy in line still doesnt have a great shot. Hey it's all part of being a member, it's their show they do a lot of work setting up, etc. but it is frustrating for the guy who waited in line since 4:00am.

7 hours ago, Local24 SSP said:

Got there a little before 5AM, 56 people in line already.....

Sounds like the CT DMV. 

Sounds like the CT DMV. 

Sounds like the CT DMV. 

@OnTheFish the history of Asbury Park is interesting. The past 10 or so years have been really good for the city in terms of revitilization. There are certainly still some rough areas of town, but a far cry from what it was. Think Camden by the sea. Up until the early-mid 2000’s there was hardly any life at all on the boardwalk. Go there now on a weekend in July and you can’t find a parking spot! 

1 hour ago, Squid12 said:

You sure they were pencils he had tons of needles left over when i left. 

I sorry they were needles