BrianBM

Latest storm

171 posts in this topic

all snow now...about 3" of real heavy stuff. wires down all over town. power outages will go up im sure. gonna be a long day...

12 hours ago, FEW3 said:

Yikes. That's what happens with exploders. 4x4 actuators go Boink.

Running bfg35's on a expedition EL limited with a 3/2 lift. 

What type of snow do  i worry about.?

The slippery kind?

6" or so in Hopkinton so far, although hard to tell with drifting. 12-16" forecasted. At certain times it has actually stopped snowing or slowed to very light.

3 hours ago, Steve in Mass said:

Why do people insist on thinking think that 4 wheel drive prevents you from losing control. All 4 wheel drive does is assist you in gaining traction to move forward. If one axle slips in the snow, the other axle assists in propelling the vehicle to move in a linear direction. IT DOES NOT give you any more control on ice or slippery roads as far as steering control is concerned.The vehicle is still gonna slide, perhaps even more so because folks feel empowered and drive much faster than they should be for the conditions.

It helps getting out o banks and ravines

15209541134501872423855.jpg

At least 7 or 8 here already....and it's really dumping now.......:thdwn:

Actually not very wet though, favoring the powder side for now.

power is out my house in Sandwich, on gen power, snowing and blowing, one widow maker branch came down near the house, about 6" snow so far

13 mins ago, capequahog said:

power is out my house in Sandwich, on gen power, snowing and blowing, one widow maker branch came down near the house, about 6" snow so far

Carl called earlier to report lights were flickering at his house.  He shut off his computer to be on the safe side.

25 mins ago, capequahog said:

Pretty much the same here in south Middleboro, but power has come back on!

9 mins ago, Joe G said:

Carl called earlier to report lights were flickering at his house.  He shut off his computer to be on the safe side.

yes they flicker a few times before they go out steady usually and Comcast is down with it so no tv or internet unless its on your phone like I'm using so real pain down here Joe

"Wah, wah, whahhh".. Sad trombone.

20180313_131209.jpg.37f8a28a9930ea7ef82651b3fa32a232.jpg

More like rusty trombone.

Seems Cape and South shore will bust waay low on totals. Be surprised if they do 10/11-ish.. when some folks had them at 24.

Snow Band moved off that southeast area early, then set up out west in central mass where it is now stalled. Few towns like Brockton could end up with 16..maaybe 18 tops. Otherwise, seems most areas will 'realistically' do 8-12 by the time things completely shut off/wind down this evening.

Glad storm wasnt worse on south shore/Cape, or power outage situation would've been straight awful. Bad enough as it is.

We have had light snow all day here in central/western Ma., doubt if we have 6" yet...........................

1 hour ago, capequahog said:

yes they flicker a few times before they go out steady usually and Comcast is down with it so no tv or internet unless its on your phone like I'm using so real pain down here Joe

More than a few years back, my gal pal and I rode out a bad winter storm in your historic town. 

Road was too treacherous to continue north so we booked an overnight room in the upper Jarves Wing of the Daniel Webster Inn.  We spent more time than we should sitting at the bar and quaffing bourbon old fashioned in the Tavern.  Very cozy and friendly place to ride out a storm.  Seems there were more locals in the Tavern than travelers that night.  Notable among them were Tom and Arlene Ellis who also elected to stay at the Inn rather than travel back home down 6A.  Great conversation and good times that night.