BrianBM

Latest storm

171 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, bdowning said:

Really got clobbered in hopk-ashland area.  Power went out at 2 am. Trees and lines down all over town. Surrounding towns not much better. Roads vary from slush to ice. Not huge snow amounts but heavy consistency created perfect storm for outages.

Im sure the tree removal guys are happy :cool:

They'll be happy when they get their overtime checks, but the guys doing the work are most likely quite miserable.... and smelly.

I did treework as a kid.  I mostly ran the chipper and cleanup.   This time of year SUUUCKS when you're that guy.  

Terrible out here in the western part of central Mass.  6-8 in. of snow, gusting winds to at least 20 mph and the last of the leaves might have finally blown of the trees.  Town DPW did a fantastic job plowing and sanding the roads and our lights never even flickered........

We had a real nasty night. I took Charlie out for a walk at 11pm and the wind was all of 40mph and it was raining sideways.  Woke up this AM to an inch of slushy snow which is all but gone now.

350,000 out in mass. And I am one of those. Trees cracking and snapping all night long. 12-13" of cement in Lowell.

Good news is, appears this storm likely our last of winter. Storm due up next Monday favors a miss, 3-400miles out to sea. And the less likely hit wouldnt be too bad, even if enough cold made into the picture.

On to spring.

12 mins ago, rst3 said:

350,000 out in mass. And I am one of those. Trees cracking and snapping all night long. 12-13" of cement in Lowell.

Good news is, appears this storm likely our last of winter. Storm due up next Monday favors a miss, 3-400miles out to sea. And the less likely hit wouldnt be too bad, even if enough cold made into the picture.

On to spring.

Amen to that, although I won't let my guard down as far a  winter storm until the middle of April...............

23 mins ago, rst3 said:

On to spring.

:kiss: 

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, rst3 said:

Good news is, appears this storm likely our last of winter.

Already forget about last year's April Fool's nor'easter  that dumped about 6" - 8" of snow with blowing winds?

When I was in high school we had a blizzard that dumped 12"+ of heavy, wet snow during the April school vacation week. We couldn't play/practice baseball that week because the fields were covered.

The snow is officially over around May 1st.  :)

Edited by zak-striper

On 3/6/2018 at 8:27 PM, Matt A. Poisett said:

I've been working in Chatham the last few days, ,,,Holy Moly big surf !

20180306_155812.jpg

Sound or PB side?

On 3/7/2018 at 10:28 AM, DZ said:

Curious if loosing property like that will decrease your property tax?  How does that work?

I doubt until the house is condemned. Why should taxes go down? Property boundaries are legal  things. You buy it, you own it.

1 hour ago, robc22 said:

Oh.....Give me spring!.....Please!!

Me too. Esp since the last week or so hasn't seen much sun.

10 mins ago, patchyfog said:

I doubt until the house is condemned. Why should taxes go down? Property boundaries are legal  things. You buy it, you own it.

But, if your property is now under water??????????

1 min ago, b-ware said:

But, if your property is now under water??????????

I'd say if the propery becomes unbuildable, it's then condemned and taken off the tax rolls. Or something similar to that.

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 8:27 PM, Matt A. Poisett said:

I've been working in Chatham the last few days, ,,,Holy Moly big surf !

20180306_155812.jpg

Is that house right off OLD HARBOR RD ? Looks fishy.

Exactly once underwater your land is in the public domain correct?  I know in RI the average high tide line separates private/public.  If the new tide line takes away half your property through sea level rise then what?   Probably need a real estate attorney to explain.