pricise10

Asbury fishing flea market 2018

106 posts in this topic

39 mins ago, Tom T said:

Why didn't you just pay by the hour then? You are talking about the meters I assume

Yeah the meters.  The only option was to pay by day.  Hour wasn't an option.  

27 mins ago, IsmailG said:

Where did you have to pay $10?? I parked like 2 blocks away and didn't have to pay anything

One of the side streets off Ocean Ave, just outside Convention Hall.  I'm guessing the city raised it to $10/day due to the parade.

41 mins ago, Jay in the Bay said:

One of the side streets off Ocean Ave, just outside Convention Hall.  I'm guessing the city raised it to $10/day due to the parade.

The lots by the wonderbar and across Ocean Ave from the Silverball Arcade were free.

6 hours ago, Jay in the Bay said:

Yeah the meters.  The only option was to pay by day.  Hour wasn't an option.  

Weird. Hourly was an option at the machine I used on kingsley :shrug:

I didn't pay. I went to 2 kiosks and neither one would take cash so I just said f it. No ticket.

3 hours ago, Kml said:

I didn't pay. I went to 2 kiosks and neither one would take cash so I just said f it. No ticket.

I've parked at the meters right in front of the place, never fed it, and never got a ticket.  It was also pretty early in the day with the parade and flea market so i don't think the APP cops cared enough to check meters.  There is plenty of legit free parking there.  

The lots are free, I always park at the one across from the Silverball Museum and never get ticketed.

Just a note for any vets on this site. If you have a Purple Heart or a service connected disability you can go to motor vehicle with your DD214 (which will show your Purple Heart) or your 214, along with proof of service connected disability, and get a free placard for your car, which allows you to park anywhere in New Jersey, where there is public parking, for free. Placard is good for three years. New law enacted last year. Got mine a couple of months ago and have used it several times.

Posted (edited)

11 mins ago, nam1969 said:

Just a note for any vets on this site. If you have a Purple Heart or a service connected disability you can go to motor vehicle with your DD214 (which will show your Purple Heart) or your 214, along with proof of service connected disability, and get a free placard for your car, which allows you to park anywhere in New Jersey, where there is public parking, for free. Placard is good for three years. New law enacted last year. Got mine a couple of months ago and have used it several times.

As it should be. :howdy:

Thank you for your service and sacrifice sir

Edited by MitchellNJ

For those not feeding the meters...I want to say it was about two years ago when they first started charging for street parking in Asbury, anyway a lot of people were given $35 tickets including me.   I would imagine they also raised the price of those tickets by now as they tripled the cost to park from just last year?

On 3/13/2018 at 11:43 AM, nam1969 said:

Thank you for your service!! God Bless. 

I parked a block or 2 west of convention hall. I want to say it was 1$ per hour. I never made it into the show though. stopped to watch the parade that I thought was going to be like 10 min and next thing I know, guys were walking out with their stuff all packed up.

57 mins ago, jamesdart said:

I parked a block or 2 west of convention hall. I want to say it was 1$ per hour. I never made it into the show though. stopped to watch the parade that I thought was going to be like 10 min and next thing I know, guys were walking out with their stuff all packed up.

I parked two blocks EAST of convention hall. Needless to say I didn't make the show either.