31 got a hair cut

Rate this topic

cleatis

I know you guys aren't used to normal looking fingers.  That thing with the white knob is a vintage pump that I hooked up to the gas tank.  There is no fuel pump and u need to pressurize the tank with like 2-3 pounds to help the gravity feed.  I need to find a old gauge for it, the old car purists are just as bad as the fairy wanders in the main!

Them that gots gets

Good stuff, Jason. When is the race? I want to get down there for it one of these years. Seems I'm always away that weekend.

You know it must be a penguin bound down if you hear that terrible screaming and there ain't no other birds around. 

2 mins ago, MikeMc said:

Good stuff, Jason. When is the race? I want to get down there for it one of these years. Seems I'm always away that weekend.

Mike, June 8-9-10.  The old cars take over the town.  I tow it down and park the truck and ride the car around town all weekend.  They have a car show, a chopper show with band on friday.  Saturday sneak whiskey on the beach for a massive bon fire.  

IMG_0326.JPG

IMG_0295.JPG

Them that gots gets

I use to go to it when it was in October, some really cool bikes and rat rods from all over the country. Sparky is a big fan of this.

Good luck Cleatis, like your attitude, go big or go home!

Check out the new South Philly roast beef/pork joint called "Juniors" at 17th & New York, really good sandwiches.

"Candide et constanter"

11 mins ago, Firinne said:

I use to go to it when it was in October, some really cool bikes and rat rods from all over the country. Sparky is a big fan of this.

Good luck Cleatis, like your attitude, go big or go home!

Check out the new South Philly roast beef/pork joint called "Juniors" at 17th & New York, really good sandwiches.

Been to every race even the first one in Allenhurst.  I will check it out and the pizza place I think Doorgunner talked about.

Them that gots gets

I mounted the lights in the back valance and found 1931 license plates. then got personalized Nj plates with the same number so my registration matches the tags.  Not entirely legal, not legal at all really but can’t see a cop being a dick about it.  Also, my dad had a cigar box full of old titles. I found a 31 in there.  The car is a 30 but I stamped a piece of aluminum and did a pencil etching to match the title he had.  Sweated it out at DMV, they all were passing around the title and looking at me for 30 minutes.  I was thinking they might be questioning my integrity.. ahem flim flam, but turned out if the vin isn’t in the system they have to call trenton, also they apparently never see an original title thats 80 years old so everyone wanted to touch it.  I tried to keep it but took a picture of it and handed it over.

IMG_0107.jpg

Them that gots gets

11 mins ago, cleatis said:

Been to every race even the first one in Allenhurst.  I will check it out and the pizza place I think Doorgunner talked about.

That was Sams at 26th and the boardwalk 

"Candide et constanter"

Same Old Brand was my old mans gas station from back in the 60's.  SOB as he called it was going nation wide but the riots hit asbury park, he was on the border and nobody came for gas for a long time.  The sign still stands today.

IMG_0147.JPG

Them that gots gets

1 hour ago, redfishkiller said:

That is a bad ass ride rite there, I wanted to spiffy up the tiny six banger in my 61 falcon, but I left it alone And traded it for a 35 ft camper.

I thought you traded the Falcon for a wrecked Pinto.