RudyH2O

Big shout out to Zeno Hromin

34 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I have watched some of the * videos on youtube and I just read Zeno Hromin's book Surf Fishing, Interviews with the experts. He does a great job. I learn a lot from him.

I did try to check out the * web site because I want a subscription, but I haven't been able to get the free preview to work. 

Edited by TimS
We don't promote or discuss commercial websites here

I’m a subscriber and have never had an issue. The layout is somewhat annoying though. 

I have read The Art of Surfcasting With Lures and am currently reading The Hunt For Big Stripers.  Thoroughly enjoyed the former and am finding the latter  very instructive.  I credit his books and videos for convincing me to start carrying  metal lip swimmers in my bag.  I had always viewed them as a niche plug-but have learned from his books and videos that they can be really good producer under multiple circumstances.  I have also found many of the SCJ videos on youtube have good information.  For example, I had never rigged eels with zip ties prior to seeing his video on how to do it.  He is humble and self deprecating-but undoubtedly an amazing and knowledgeable fisherman.  Love all the stories about his childhood fishing with his grandfather in Croatia and his early attempts at surfcasting here in the US.  Its all great stuff!

54 mins ago, TLap21 said:

I’m a subscriber and have never had an issue. The layout is somewhat annoying though. 

Agreed. I couldnt deal with the layout.

I’ve been watching a lot of his YouTube videos lately, very informative stuff. He’s also very personable. Really enjoy him and John Skinner. Both are wealth of information.

Reading thru the pages is a real PITA.  If you lose your place you have to start at the beginning and keep hitting page forward.  The screen viewing frequently seems too small or too big.  On a phone its miserable.

I like their content and i like Tommy's graphic style.  The one thing i really do not like is those dumb kids doing the Comanche videos. Super annoying. Just skip those every time. For those of you going to the RI show this weekend, its a good chance to sign up or renew.  Excellent bonus gifts.

18 mins ago, RudyH2O said:

Do you know if it works with an iPad? Thanks!

yes it does, i actually find easier to slide pages on ipad and double click to make page bigger.

22 mins ago, Master Debaiter said:

I’m a subscriber.... I personally enjoy the books and YouTube videos 

I think, personally, some of the videos yhat Zeno and his guests do are good.  Admittedly thry are often doing 101 level stuff so it can be pretty simplistic.  I'm talking about the young guys that do the Comanche videos, usually toward the beginning of the magazine.

6 mins ago, Seabassplug said:

yes it does, i actually find easier to slide pages on ipad and double click to make page bigger.

Seabassplug,

Thanks! I think I'll try the subscription. I appreciate the info.

i am a big fan of ********** and zeno. i appreciate the contribution he and his crew have made to out sport. good on em

I talked to him yesterday at the Berkeley show for about 10 minutes or so, I was blown away how cool and approachable he is. Always a positive contributor to the sport !

If I see some of these surfcasting celebs (Zeno, Bill Wetzel, John Skinner, etc) on the beaches of Long Island should I say Hi or do they just prefer to be left alone?