Sandbar1

Cape trout stocking.....

51 posts in this topic

Just spoke out the sandwich hatchery. Looks like stocking has been postponed, likely for a week. 

I'm actually happy about that, it gives me another week to hunt the holdovers......if we get a fishable day between now and then ?

18 mins ago, bobsea2001 said:

I'm actually happy about that, it gives me another week to hunt the holdovers......if we get a fishable day between now and then ?

I hear ya on the weather... I may head out today but I’m having a hard time getting motivated. 

18 mins ago, bobsea2001 said:

I was thinking the same. 

I love that brief time after iceout, before stocking brings Them back.

Love the peace and solitude. 

In 30 years I have never had a winter or early Spring without all the holdovers I could want.

1 hour ago, Seadogg said:

Just spoke out the sandwich hatchery. Looks like stocking has been postponed, likely for a week. 

Figured that would happen, just too many issues to deal with right now.

Just now, bdowning said:

Figured that would happen, just too many issues to deal with right now.

Yea he mentioned downed trees and flooding making it difficult to get to certain ponds. No big deal. Still plenty of holdovers around. 

I caught one tiger in my life. I was using a 1/4oz silver inline spinner, saw a splash 3 ft from  the shore, cast right  to the splash, and as soon as it hit the water the fish was on. No prize fish, but a decent size

I got to burn up vacation by the end of this month or lose it. Anyone see any trucks in Plymouth?

7 mins ago, Jr said:

I got to burn up vacation by the end of this month or lose it. Anyone see any trucks in Plymouth?

No, but I wouldn't discount holdovers. 

4 mins ago, HanoverStriper said:

No, but I wouldn't discount holdovers. 

Oh I'm going just wondering really. Do you know if the roads through the forest open?

Getting to these places may be a bigger challenge than catching them.

The road to little pond was real beat up after this storm. Not sure if they'll be able to get a truck in there. 

I met and spoke with Jack Buckley ( the director of Mass fisheries and wild life )

he said the trucks will be running this week... also the fish going in this year are looking healthy. It should be a good year for anglers aiming for a PB