b-ware

RISAA Show

68 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, burkie said:

Joe g, your from North  Korea 

Viet cong??

Any good deals on surf bags at the show. My primary focus would be plugs and a decent bag to to put those plugs in

Small selection of plugs if thats what your focus is on wouldn't bother. Gear up was there but didn't bother taking a look.

Posted (edited)

At the show yesterday. Good seeing Bernie again. 

Finally got to check out the VR50, the reel foot is short and brings the bail arm very close to hitting my nuckle. It was a deal breaker so I’ll have to wait until the next iteration of the VR50. 

I have small hands but I have two fingers above the reel foot. So that moves my fingers forward and close to the bail arm. 

Edited by young

Posted (edited)

Just got back from the show and with out question in some cases and you look hard enough you can find the same product at lower prices then the shops I was able to greet and meet old friends at the show .The whole crew from on the Water, Guppy Lures, Roberts Lures, Red Top, Falmouth Bait and tackle,Goose Hummock, Canal Bait and tackle and of course B&D Enterprise . The knife man from Dexter Knives was every where . Rods reel, special gear for Blue water fishing on Tuna and such. Able to bump into one of my young Eagles Scouts I mentored in working on his Eagle Project and Father. A few guys from my Andy Lynn Days fishing for Cod . The owner of the Captain John Boats has invited me and my adopted son .on a May Haddock trip , which I hopefully will be able to take. I have been looking forward to this trip last year when he offered it and I was unable go . Also spoke with the crew from the Hyannis Fleet that once was a regular trip aboard the Helen H, One thing stood out ,well two, one was that they had plugs selling for $99 big ones and the person at the Sabile tank did not have the new plug to show any one how it acted in the water[They call it the flying plug [or so] It looks nice.  I splurged and purchased  a half pound brick of dark chocolate Good day, good company and now on to the next show at the Mass Bass offering in a couple of weeks 

Edited by Angler #1

One of my favorite group at the show was a few men that we all had fished the beaches in another time  together and two were former elected Presidents of the MBBA  The beaches sure have shrunk and the fish have as well , Many memories on the sand that one will never forget and just a happy time for us old guys that can still recall those times of searching the beach, looking for one nice trophies. Then the seal invasion and it has been a nightmare It began at Nauset and spread all the way around Race Point to Herring Cove and now it is slowly invading the last bastion of good water Cape Cod Bay

12 hours ago, bdowning said:

Viet cong??

I talked to Joe g today, and he said he was an undercover agent during the Korean  war, he got captured and the US did not want him back, so he took a midnight  train to Georgia and then to Boston 

9 hours ago, burkie said:

I talked to Joe g today, and he said he was an undercover agent during the Korean  war, he got captured and the US did not want him back, so he took a midnight  train to Georgia and then to Boston 

Was he agent 86 or agent 99 ?

4 hours ago, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

Maybe the chief?

Joe g was in Korean war, he was on a ship, he had something  to do with intelligence,  doing that he met some powerful people, and when he came back, he got a judge's job in Boston in a lower court, and worked his way up, if you ever watch the roast the they have in Boston with the lawmakers I think it's st. Patrick  day, Joe g is to the left, first row in the front, he told me he has had that seat since day one

There is much we don't know, it's still classified.