5" SP Minnows

Rate this topic

oysterbreath

1 min ago, stripedbassking said:

Love all sps the larger ones I agree aren’t the best but the other sizes  seem to produce great

I like to throw the larger size in the canal but seldom from the beaches. I love the other sizes just about everywhere.

Chasing false echoes

Send lawyers, guns, and money - Zevon

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro - Thompson 

DITCH TROLL 333

11 mins ago, oysterbreath said:

Thanks for the replies. How are the hooks and rings on the small one? Do they need changing?

I’ve been blessed w/ a blend of OCD, ADHD & analretentivness, which makes me a PIA, so I pretty much replace the hooks & rings on everything.

JD

2 hours ago, stripedbassking said:

Love all sps the larger ones I agree aren’t the best but the other sizes  seem to produce great

I thought most people were using the larger ones. That’s what I’ve been using. I’ll have to give the smaller ones a try. Is there a difference in action? 

7 mins ago, Big Will said:

I thought most people were using the larger ones. That’s what I’ve been using. I’ll have to give the smaller ones a try. Is there a difference in action? 

The 6 inch size is probably the most common. 6 3/4 is the largest size. The smallest is 5 1/8.

Chasing false echoes

DITCH TROLL 333

2 mins ago, Sandbar1 said:

The 6 inch size is probably the most common. 6 3/4 is the largest size. The smallest is 5 1/8.

I have a couple of the 15s I’ve never used. I also have a 16 that’s the bullet one. I haven’t seen a lot of threads discussing these. Are the bullet ones as productive as the regular ones? I’m thinking they probably sink deeper because of the weight and they have a different lip. 

1 min ago, Big Will said:

I have a couple of the 15s I’ve never used. I also have a 16 that’s the bullet one. I haven’t seen a lot of threads discussing these. Are the bullet ones as productive as the regular ones? I’m thinking they probably sink deeper because of the weight and they have a different lip. 

A lot of guys just don't like the bullets. You got to treat them like a needlefish not a minnow plug.

Chasing false echoes

DITCH TROLL 333