Need some input on st.croix rods

Rate this topic

Just go on the St Croix site. They have them for sale as replacement tips. Maybe check out serial numbers at the shop before you decide to order one online.

Chasing false echoes

Send lawyers, guns, and money - Zevon

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro - Thompson 

DITCH TROLL 333

Thanks sandbar, got It figured out thought I needed to use a warranty or something to get a top section, currently I like the 10’6 3/4-4 and of I can buy a top section for only 35 which is what it’s listed for on thier website for the 2-6oz then I could buy one rod and switch the top section for the 2-6 as well as get an 11 for heavier jigs and plugs and what not 

2 hours ago, Matt Caraco said:

Thanks sandbar, got It figured out thought I needed to use a warranty or something to get a top section, currently I like the 10’6 3/4-4 and of I can buy a top section for only 35 which is what it’s listed for on thier website for the 2-6oz then I could buy one rod and switch the top section for the 2-6 as well as get an 11 for heavier jigs and plugs and what not 

Yep basically two rods for the price of one. A good deal, you might even find yourself using the 10'6" in the canal more than the 11".

Chasing false echoes

Send lawyers, guns, and money - Zevon

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro - Thompson 

DITCH TROLL 333

9 hours ago, Matt Caraco said:

Great idea i wonder if i can get a 9' 3/4 - 4 tip section for my 9' 1 - 4. I find my 1 - 4 a little stiff.

On 3/4/2018 at 9:42 AM, Sandbar1 said:

I believe they fixed the issue with the reel seats. At least I've never had a problem with my 10'6 mojo.

The mojo is a good rod. I think the 11 ft 3-8 would make a great canal jigging rod. Then i'd pick up the 10'6'' 2-6 rod for throwing plugs in the ditch.

The great thing with the 10'6" models is that the rod but can take both the 2-6 and 3/4 -4 tip sections. You can buy replacement tips online.

Get the 2-6 tip and for $35 extra you can have the 3/4- 4 tip from the St Croix website.

Basically you get your 3-8 for jigging, 2-6 for plugging the canal and 3/4 -4 for light plugging /eeling, all for the price of two rods (discounted) +$35.

That's a great deal right there.

couldn't have said it better