KnewBee

March Fishing Report

132 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

17 hours ago, KnewBee said:

Late day trip from 4:30 till 6:30.  Bite was SLOW to say the least but I managed two to avoid the skunk.   Lotta debris from the stormy weather so really tough to fish the XTS minnow.   Tried a Zoom and that found one of the two.  The 2 lb 13 was the highlight,    Meh....  Cant wait for daylight savings to open up some much needed time!

dink on zoom.jpg

2 lb 13 on xts.jpg

Nice bass, that looks like a swim bait hook, I usually use a weightless worm hook with the fluke but  I don't fish the flukes in current , only in calm water.  

Edited by strike master

Not sure why I use them, but I like the VMC Drop Dead weighted hooks.  Use em for all my plastics.   Tried weightless with a bullet weight, but I snag a lot of submerged branches that way.   They seem to work real weel with the flukes and swim senkos.  Don't fish Swim Baits much, never did well with them. 

After skunks Thursday and Friday, broke the streak with a couple Chain Picks (21 n 22.5) as well as a 2 lb 12 bass.   Sure felt better than a skunk.

22.5 chain.jpg

2 lb 12 bass.jpg

4 hours ago, KnewBee said:

After skunks Thursday and Friday, broke the streak with a couple Chain Picks (21 n 22.5) as well as a 2 lb 12 bass.   Sure felt better than a skunk.

22.5 chain.jpg

2 lb 12 bass.jpg

Nice come back,,,,,I got 9 Marlo got 6 today 

20180310_190755.jpg

1772.jpeg

1774.jpeg

Bennie,  nice trout.

Slacker, healthy looking bass.

I gotta get out there today regardless of weather

Nice fish fellas . Checked out a section of the South Branch of the Potomac River yesterday . Couple of fall fish and one brownie on a 3'' Baby Bass Storm. 

IMAG4830-01-20180311-095252989.jpeg.e5b5cb790ab322c1d4ca6c6313e93358.jpeg

Jig monster,  Smallmouth?   Wish we had some round these parts.   I really want to head north and target snakeheads,   someday.....

On 3/6/2018 at 8:38 PM, KnewBee said:

3:45 launch with very light rain and wind, about mid forties.   Found a couple nice chain pickerel at 23 and 25 inches before I hit a creek for pan fish.   Couple small yellow perch and two dink bass before I found the White Perch: six of em between 10 and 12 inches:  Taco fare!!!    At recovery it was 40 degrees, blowing stiff and raining hard,  I had the shakes!

wee yelow.jpg

20180306_191909.jpg

25 in chain.jpg

NICE!  25 is getting to be a really nice sized pickerel.  That one looks hungry!

Headed out soon once boys are done with music and HW . 

52 mins ago, KnewBee said:

Jig monster,  Smallmouth?   Wish we had some round these parts.   I really want to head north and target snakeheads,   someday.....

We went last year and found them, but no luck hooking up.  Some locals there said its much better bite in spring when they are spawning.  We'll see.  That day we swore that this year we'd take a day off school/work to target them again in the spring.   

Cherry HIll/Trenton area.  Philly is filthy wth them as well, from what I hear.  I suspect you are further south, so MD/chespeake may be the way to go?

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, KnewBee said:

Yep ! Iv'e never targeted  a snakehead but have fished where they live many times. C'mon up ...you're only three hours away . 

Edited by Jigmonster

the 3 of us threw a spinner, a grub, and a paddletail softbait for a bit this afternoon.   2 ponds.  Big skunk.  no signs, no sight, nothing.  It was weird.  

14 mins ago, Jigmonster said:

Yep ! Iv'e never targeted  a snakehead but have fished where they live many times. C'mon up ...you're only three hours away . 

I hear rumor there is a place on Quantico that holds em.  Also heard about Aquia Creek being really good.   Will have to research best time of year and make a trip.