KnewBee

March Fishing Report

132 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, vce12342000 said:

Niceeee trout there Bennie & crew

Can't wait to see you fishing again :hooked:

havent been out. had a bad nor'easter come through, 90mph gusts, flooding, 20-30 foot waves. still havent recovered yet. still windy as hell.
got another nor'easter tomorrow. WOOOOOOOOO :banghd::banghd:

11 hours ago, bennie said:

Can't wait to see you fishing again :hooked:

I think I forgot what my fishing poles look like .......:laugh:

Did some fishing after work for a little bit caught one bass, and a bonus white perch. Beat the Nor'easter that's coming tomorrow :) next adventure out again will be sometime after it's gone.  

3:45 launch with very light rain and wind, about mid forties.   Found a couple nice chain pickerel at 23 and 25 inches before I hit a creek for pan fish.   Couple small yellow perch and two dink bass before I found the White Perch: six of em between 10 and 12 inches:  Taco fare!!!    At recovery it was 40 degrees, blowing stiff and raining hard,  I had the shakes!

wee yelow.jpg

20180306_191909.jpg

25 in chain.jpg

caught these back to back, he was still getting his off the hook when i hooked mine, floating worm

IMG_0891.jpg

IMG_0896.jpg

6 mins ago, sunobskt said:

caught these back to back, he was still getting his off the hook when i hooked mine, floating worm

IMG_0891.jpg

IMG_0896.jpg

Dang,  Nice bass!!!

caught my first good largemouth of the year yesterday. felt sooooo damn good been struggling loosing my mind with small fish or no fish. caught it on a swimbait slow rolled up a drop off with some pauses, fish hit after the pause

2 hours ago, bassturds said:

caught my first good largemouth of the year yesterday. felt sooooo damn good been struggling loosing my mind with small fish or no fish. caught it on a swimbait slow rolled up a drop off with some pauses, fish hit after the pause

They moved up big time with warm snap we had.

16 hours ago, KnewBee said:

Dang,  Nice bass!!!

Thanks! The trick is the dog. Better than a buzz bait. Use her as a teaser. 

18 hours ago, KnewBee said:

3:45 launch with very light rain and wind, about mid forties.   Found a couple nice chain pickerel at 23 and 25 inches before I hit a creek for pan fish.   Couple small yellow perch and two dink bass before I found the White Perch: six of em between 10 and 12 inches:  Taco fare!!!    At recovery it was 40 degrees, blowing stiff and raining hard,  I had the shakes!

wee yelow.jpg

20180306_191909.jpg

25 in chain.jpg

What a great multi species trip! 

23 hours ago, KnewBee said:

wee yelow.jpg

20180306_191909.jpg

25 in chain.jpg

monster jackfish! they have been crazy this year here. 1/2 that size.

Late day trip from 4:30 till 6:30.  Bite was SLOW to say the least but I managed two to avoid the skunk.   Lotta debris from the stormy weather so really tough to fish the XTS minnow.   Tried a Zoom and that found one of the two.  The 2 lb 13 was the highlight,    Meh....  Cant wait for daylight savings to open up some much needed time!

dink on zoom.jpg

2 lb 13 on xts.jpg