Delaware River Walleye

Rate this topic

nfd27

Was going to hit Brunner Island next weekend but found out about the closing of fishing there. I will now try to focus on the Delaware for some early spring walleye. Unfortunately I am not too familiar with the Delaware River fishing wise. From what I've read between New Hope and Easton is a solid stretch for walleye. I'm just looking for decent sections that are accessible to wade fishing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 hour ago, nfd27 said:

Was going to hit Brunner Island next weekend but found out about the closing of fishing there. I will now try to focus on the Delaware for some early spring walleye. Unfortunately I am not too familiar with the Delaware River fishing wise. From what I've read between New Hope and Easton is a solid stretch for walleye. I'm just looking for decent sections that are accessible to wade fishing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

That is the correct or at least fine area to begin to look. The river is really high and dirty right now and makes wading tough if not unsafe. I gave it a go Monday to no avail. 

I'm a slow learner regarding fishing the river over the past few years but you can cruise along the river, find areas to park that are not too difficult to spot and walk down to scout out.  I will say this the river was high and moving fast before this current storm.  Dirty also.  This system we are experiencing is gonna make it worse before it improves.     

"I was a waste of time dumbasses"  Sevenxseventy1

Yeah not planning on hitting it until water levels drop especially after this storm whenever that is. I can't remember where I saw it but somewhere I saw posted a few bridge names and specific areas to target around. I've been scouting on google and saw a few potential spots but unknown how the fishing is in those areas. 

On 3/2/2018 at 2:23 PM, PhillyHillBilly said:

I was poking around the washington's crossing area Wednesday.  The bridge construction, the new no parking signs in one of my favorite spots, and the high and muddy water made for a disappointing day.  

I know exactly where you’re talking. I’m a little more familiar north of there didn’t realize the eye fishing there was any good. Are those islands north of the bridge posted? I’ve seen side by sides driving on them before.