Sudsy

March 2018 Fishing Reports

341 posts in this topic

44 mins ago, fishguts430 said:

Can't wait. This is my first year reallu targeting stripers. Im from pa and do day trips so ill probably wait until the fish hits the surf

Good luck in the game.

Fished a tidal river in N. Jersey ... out there for a walk brought a rod with a bucktail.   Caught high tide waited 30 mins til tide started moving.  Fished 45 mins.  Wasn’t til I was ready to call it quits had this little 20 inch fish hit...first bass for me of 2018.  

C0280883-1058-48DF-8F52-F78E6CD1E2C6.png

E98EBD15-ED61-4E41-A574-36EE63600F5C.png

Got out for about an hour tonight until the rain and cold made me call it. Didn't catch anything but snagged 2 of what I think are tapeworms. Can someone tell me if that's what they really were. 

0301182107.jpg

6 hours ago, Ripnowell45 said:

Got out for about an hour tonight until the rain and cold made me call it. Didn't catch anything but snagged 2 of what I think are tapeworms. Can someone tell me if that's what they really were. 

0301182107.jpg

Yup,Looks like ribbon worms to me

9 hours ago, Ripnowell45 said:

0301182107.jpg

2 hours ago, BrianZ said:

Yup,Looks like ribbon worms to me

Ugh- looks like snot. Did somebody sneeze?  :p

Put that ribbon on a hook and toss it out there. 

Nice going on the early fish for everyone posting up.  This has the makings of a very fun season.  Hopefully no cold snaps. 

11 hours ago, bayyaker54 said:

That bait flipping might have been bunker

CC07555D-4CEB-4708-84B3-1A188A2F47C1.jpeg

Brackish where i'm at. Usually brown and murky from all of the DE bay sediment that comes in. Not sure i've ever seen adult bunker back here in the past 12 years but it's a possibility. Did have some peanuts back here fall of 2016. Mostly perch, catfish, eels, minnows, snapping turtles and sometimes huge carp hitting the fiddler crabs. 

16 mins ago, Master Debaiter said:

Hope the storm takes the sand with it 

:agree:hope so, its definitely a good thing..