Sudsy

March 2018 Fishing Reports

341 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, Danny1199 said:

I remember seeing that picture before, it's from somewhere in Canada where they hate stripers lol. The comments on the picture were mostly people calling for them to be dynamited  hahaha

HUH ???? I took that picture yesterday in Jersey , Am I lost or You, lol.

No luck tonight in o.c.  tomorrow looks like it's going to be a crappy day more snow :banghd: yay 

Been here in CMC for Easter as usual. No fishing yet, hopefully hitting the back bay before going home. But had the kids on the beach for the usual shell hunt on Easter Day. Tide was way out and I found lots of crabs - calico to some people and lady crabs to others. I think they were in some stage of soft or paper shell and I found a bunch of dead ones whole & many others torn up by birds. Could be good schoolie bass forage. Tough to match the hatch, though. Seemed to be a good amount of clam shells around too. 

42CD16BE-5820-45B3-B58C-53CD05D770B0.jpeg

I fished a beach in Raritan Bay from 7:30-9:00 tonight.  No luck.  It feel good to wet a line though.

15 hours ago, Master Debaiter said:

No luck with outgoing last night...conditions were nice and water very clean. I’m going to modify a plug and see if I have better luck. Don’t know what to call it....

9E02959B-9284-430B-9043-4E21A2EB3EC2.jpeg

Is this for when the clambrella rig is too much? I hear that before the water warms up the fish don’t have the energy to chase after a school of fleeing clams, especially when trolled out of the window of your beach buggy. They must have designed this to fish the clam more slowly so it appears to be an injured vulnerable clam for when the bass are lazy and looking for an easy meal :laugh:

3 hours ago, Big Will said:

Is this for when the clambrella rig is too much? I hear that before the water warms up the fish don’t have the energy to chase after a school of fleeing clams, especially when trolled out of the window of your beach buggy. They must have designed this to fish the clam more slowly so it appears to be an injured vulnerable clam for when the bass are lazy and looking for an easy meal :laugh:

Put that on the bst....it'll sell

21 hours ago, Master Debaiter said:

No luck with outgoing last night...conditions were nice and water very clean. I’m going to modify a plug and see if I have better luck. Don’t know what to call it....

9E02959B-9284-430B-9043-4E21A2EB3EC2.jpeg

Floating or sinking?

Whoppee! More Global Warming Units (GWUs) this morning! Supposed to melt pretty quickly, creating runoff to cool the water down! Just what we need! This is getting a little old. Yeah, I know, we've had snow in April before, but I keep hoping we've seen the last of it for the year.Then whamo, another shot.  

There, now that I've whined enough, I feel better. :waah: