Let me tell you about my son Andrew

Rate this topic

Kings over Queens

Some of you know my first born.  Its been hard for him, growing up in the shadow of his brother who you know as "The Golden Child."  

So, Andrew, well he is my worker kid.  Very industrious, love him some money and always looking to make a buck.  Not a student so he entered a training program with the merchant marine union, and my wife and i dropped him off in piney point Maryland last october for training.  Couple of skype sessions but otherwise havent seen him since.

He completed his training 10 days ago and has been sitting idle since then, until this morning, when at 01:00 (am) he left the facility to catch a flight to detroit where he met another plane to seattle (hes in the air now) where he will meet another plant to anacortes airport where he then has a phone number to call for a ride that will bring him to the port where he will meet the american endurence, a 600 ft. Oil tanker, for his 90 day aea trial.

Hes 20 and doing all of this on his own.  Im riding the emotional rollercoaster of tremendous pride tempered by apprehension.  

Looking forward to hearing that hes there, safe and ok....followed by copious amonts of bourbon and a bacon cheeseburger.  Im an emotional eater. Lol

#otterlivesmatter

3 of the young guys in my club have gone the Merchant Marine route, one is still in school the other two are making money hand over fist

I just wanta play everyday despite small nagging injuries --

and go home to a woman who appreciates how full of crap I truly am. ~ Crash Davis

Social Distancing since 1962

5 mins ago, Sudsy said:

3 of the young guys in my club have gone the Merchant Marine route, one is still in school the other two are making money hand over fist

Jack N that works on the Jamaica I the one in school?

Edited by Tom T