Realestate in Cape Coral

Rate this topic

Cape 916

11 hours ago, saltfisherman said:

Stuu, fromwhat we’ve been seeing and hearing from other’s is the market is well over priced. Talking to some realtors they have buyers but the buyers are all waiting on the sidelines. The numbers are crazy expensive for what you get. There is no shortage of homes for sale by us. It’s certainly not a sellers market here. The seller won’t move on their numbers so the home sits. The buyer won’t buy.  They lower it and turn around and raise it, like anyone can’t see the difference. Raising the price doesn’t make it sell faster than the cheaper cost it was last month. 

Thank you. Nothing surprises me with real estate any more.

You put a pig on a spit, and you can guarantee my attendance.

Don't always assume that waterfront homes in Florida are priced out of site for renting or selling (in this example renting)....and don't expect the areas near or on the water as off limits based off these absurd prices nowadays.

I own a home next to the water on the west coast of Florida that is rented out. My rent happens to be half of what other rentals are in the same area. Reason being, renting (in my case here) is a sort of old fashioned trade-off, meaning that I give my tenants the break of a lifetime and in return my property is kept up exceptionally well....very well, better than any other surrounding rental, in fact. I never have to worry about driving over or late rent, occupancy, upkeep, painting, general maintenance...sometimes even major maintenance...nothing. This concept may be argued as this or that but the fact is: it's been happening for years without any issues. My place is better than ever. As far as the market goes, well, I could really care less about what the current pricing is for waterfront rentals. I'm satisfied to make a little bit of money and have a choice worry free place instead of a wheel barrow load of blood money filled with tears and hate.

In retrospect, I guess you could say I kinda put myself in the same shoes, realizing what I used to be up against myself in the day....fruitless almost impossible living conditions, going against a greed based off a table full of trends.....hard labor and then hand over almost ALL my friggin paycheck for friggin roof over my head!

So look around, be forthcoming and opened minded becasue landlords (and even sellers) are different with their property concepts and expectations, both for renting as well as selling...and in some cases have nothing to do with current market trends, even in prime waterfront areas.

10 hours ago, zcoker said:

Don't always assume that waterfront homes in Florida are priced out of site for renting or selling (in this example renting)....and don't expect the areas near or on the water as off limits based off these absurd prices nowadays.

I own a home next to the water on the west coast of Florida that is rented out. My rent happens to be half of what other rentals are in the same area. Reason being, renting (in my case here) is a sort of old fashioned trade-off, meaning that I give my tenants the break of a lifetime and in return my property is kept up exceptionally well....very well, better than any other surrounding rental, in fact. I never have to worry about driving over or late rent, occupancy, upkeep, painting, general maintenance...sometimes even major maintenance...nothing. This concept may be argued as this or that but the fact is: it's been happening for years without any issues. My place is better than ever. As far as the market goes, well, I could really care less about what the current pricing is for waterfront rentals. I'm satisfied to make a little bit of money and have a choice worry free place instead of a wheel barrow load of blood money filled with tears and hate.

In retrospect, I guess you could say I kinda put myself in the same shoes, realizing what I used to be up against myself in the day....fruitless almost impossible living conditions, going against a greed based off a table full of trends.....hard labor and then hand over almost ALL my friggin paycheck for friggin roof over my head!

So look around, be forthcoming and opened minded becasue landlords (and even sellers) are different with their property concepts and expectations, both for renting as well as selling...and in some cases have nothing to do with current market trends, even in prime waterfront areas.

Zcoker, i like the way you think.  I have tennants who I treat fair, never raise the rent and are very understanding with there needs. 

I do believe this goes a long way in the end. 

And if you are anywhere near Naples I will be looking you up in the next 3 years when I retire. Totally agree, rent the area before you buy. 

Edited by NJ Dave

On 2/22/2018 at 0:18 PM, Cape 916 said:

I'm looking to purchase a house in the Cape Coral Area of Florida. I'm planning on trailering my skiff, so I don't really need a house with gulf access. I'm into flats, shallow water fishing, spin and flyfishing. Can anyone give me some ideas to where I should be looking to purchase a home. A good location to boat ramps and different fishing locations. A appreciate any help and thankyou for your time.....

Check out Placida, part of Cape Haze, own a condo there. Quiet community, adjacent  to Boca Grande, beaches, lots of boat ramps. I store mine, Pathfinder, at Aqua Palm Island Marina. Good restaurants, Rt 41 and 75 are an easy ride but far enough away to keep most of the heavy traffic away. Venice, Englewood areas are just up the road.

I fly fish the area a lot, will be down there as of next week stay until late May.

FLY TIME