The Anti Gun Gangs Singular Focus On (for today) The AR Platform

Rate this topic

Gotcow?

On 2/16/2018 at 7:44 AM, Gotcow? said:

Why are they so focused on the AR platform?

Why are they so afraid of it?

A shooter in a close quarters target rich environment (like a school) could do just as much or more killing with a semiautomatic handgun or two.

Can anybody help me to understand this?

I think an AR type is a fine choice for the purpose.

What would you pick?

2 hours ago, Riverboat33 said:

I'm hoping they are slow walking it to get the vote to the Nov. election.  Get the no votes on paper for the people to see, before they pull the lever.  Some politicians may be less inclined to vote no, if involved in a close race.  Just a thought.

14 hours ago, Nessmuk said:

Well, while the antis are focused on the impossible, why don't we get the CW Reciprocity Act off its arse and passed?  

You know its funny you mentioned that.  Doesn't it seem incredibly timely that the reciprocity bill is in the senate and close to being passed that this incident renewed the call for gun control.     Also wonder if any coincidence to the mass failure of the fbi to have caught this guy despite the numerous tips up to a year prior.

As for the ar 15.    I am a gun owner and hunter and i enjoy my sport.  I dont need an ar15 to shoot a squirril or a deer and i dont understand the need for it when there are so many other arms that dont need to seem military like.      I think some people play too many video games and fantasy and reality have merged for these lunatics that shoot people.     Again i reiterate the system failed in this case. Nothing to do about gun control.  He could have used something else if he didnt have a gun and taken out more people with his car in the parking lot.

The libs agenda is to take our guns away through convoluted laws.  There's a nj (maybe its congress not sure) bill on the table now that if passed would render all of your semi auto rifles and shotguns illegal because the wording is so vague your forward stock would be considered a grip.    They won't be happy   till they strip us legal and law abiding owners of all our rights.  

I'll BE PULLING ON MY ROD - TILL THEY LAY ME IN SOD!!!!!

10 hours ago, BW said:

A guest expert on CNN basically said the same thing tonight when the anchor was going on about the AR 15... the expert explaind how there were much more lethal weapons, and a 12 ga with 3" 00 shot was one if them.  I thought the entire network was going to implode.

When it comes to a "mass shooting," and killing as many people as possible in a panic situation, what weapon does a better job, the AR or the 12ga?

5 mins ago, Baccigalup said:

You know its funny you mentioned that.  Doesn't it seem incredibly timely that the reciprocity bill is in the senate and close to being passed that this incident renewed the call for gun control.     Also wonder if any coincidence to the mass failure of the fbi to have caught this guy despite the numerous tips up to a year prior.

As for the ar 15.    I am a gun owner and hunter and i enjoy my sport.  I dont need an ar15 to shoot a squirril or a deer and i dont understand the need for it when there are so many other arms that dont need to seem military like.      I think some people play too many video games and fantasy and reality have merged for these lunatics that shoot people.     Again i reiterate the system failed in this case. Nothing to do about gun control.  He could have used something else if he didnt have a gun and taken out more people with his car in the parking lot.

The libs agenda is to take our guns away through convoluted laws.  There's a nj (maybe its congress not sure) bill on the table now that if passed would render all of your semi auto rifles and shotguns illegal because the wording is so vague your forward stock would be considered a grip.    They won't be happy   till they strip us legal and law abiding owners of all our rights.  

Well, there's no way I'm going to believe the FBI let kids die to impact gun legislation.  No way.

As for AR, liberty isn't about need, so we need to be careful with that.  Not only is "need" not a legitimate argument, if e give it credence, it'll get used against us later.  (Note, I never cared to own an AR myself, as I only shoot enough to stay safe.)

And you're absolutely right.  The libs will cry for compromise until they have it all.

7 mins ago, JoeyZac said:

When it comes to a "mass shooting," and killing as many people as possible in a panic situation, what weapon does a better job, the AR or the 12ga?

In a densely packed environment at close range, like say, a school?  I'd suspect the 12ga.  If you're a looney in a high-rise hotel, not.

7 mins ago, JoeyZac said:

Why does it seem then that the weapon of choice for these shootings in an AR and not a 12ga?

You think there's any deeper thought in these lunatics other than "it's looks cool?"  They grab an AR because it looks tough, and that's what they have on hand when they break.  They don't exactly strategize.  Vegas sniper excluded.  That freak knew what he was doing.

18 mins ago, JoeyZac said:

Why does it seem then that the weapon of choice for these shootings in an AR and not a 12ga?

Ability to reload quickly, and the number of rounds you can carry.

The biggest fish in the river gets that way by never being caught.

Edward Bloom

11 mins ago, Nessmuk said:

You think there's any deeper thought in these lunatics other than "it's looks cool?"  They grab an AR because it looks tough, and that's what they have on hand when they break.  They don't exactly strategize.  Vegas sniper excluded.  That freak knew what he was doing.

I have consistently said that a huge part of this is the fantasy these mentally ill/deranged people have of playing real life first person shooter video game where you just get to walk around like a bad ass, killing everyone, for as long as you can.

But again, it's a crazy person choosing a cool gun, not a cool gun choosing a crazy person.

We need to target the crazy people, not the cool guns.

16 mins ago, Riverboat33 said:

Ability to reload quickly, and the number of rounds you can carry.

This. 

I could order a dozen 30 or 40 round magazine from Cabelas with a mouse click... I'm looking at them at the moment... at $15-20 pop.  Doing the same with a shotgun would be harder to pull off.

But you could easily kill a bunch of people, in a school situation, with any off the shelf 12 gauge pump.  That's what I keep by the door... 18" barrel and 3" of 00 buckshot.  I wouldn't want it pointed at me.