BrianBM

2018 CCC canal season

68 posts in this topic

Brian,

I always found a couple days either side of Mother's Day was kick off time for the first run of fish.

I agree Mothers day is a good bet. Especially near a full moon. Big tide sometimes pushes in the bait.

Just heard, due to unstable water levels the Canal will not be stocked this year...............

Carry on

48 mins ago, Joe G said:

I go by natures signs.......when the forsythia blooms and new oak leafs are as large as a mouse ear. 

Don't forget the lilacs

Ed

13 mins ago, b-ware said:

Just heard, due to unstable water levels the Canal will not be stocked this year...............

Few are aware that releasing and draining all that winter water in the bogs surrounding the canal creates that unstable and turbulent problem.  

Unfortunately, fisherman's concerns fall of deaf ears when this is brought to the attention of town officials.  Sad. 

Luckily a short drive to the cc River will be in order to see for myself. I’ll be sure  to post and notify everyone when they arrive. I’ll also post location to assist you all.

your welcome 

12 hours ago, BrianBM said:

Approximately when in the year does the CCC fishing start?  

It starts for me around the time the smallies hit their spawning beds.

Posted (edited)

Always a tough time of year with two competing fisheries for me. Leave the R.I tautog bite that's on fire that time of year or follow the mackerel that show up right around mothers day every year. For sure the keepers arrive with them but the chowder fish wins out most of the time. 

Edited by sandbars

52 mins ago, HanoverStriper said:

It starts when FB and Instagram start blowing up with pics and real time reports. That's when I go...

I only go when the computer tells me it's "on fire".

I use a social media bot to scan FB & IG for me. Nobody aint got time for that. When it detects "on fire" and "crazy broh" it autoreplies 'yeah bruh'

Then I get a text alert 

25 mins ago, rst3 said:

I only go when the computer tells me it's "on fire".

I use a social media bot to scan FB & IG for me. Nobody aint got time for that. When it detects "on fire" and "crazy broh" it autoreplies 'yeah bruh'

Then I get a text alert 

:laugh: