BrianBM

Notes on the Florida 2/13 school shooting

97 posts in this topic

5 mins ago, Seal said:

I believe this guy was reported to the FBI after openly expressing his desire to become a school shooter.

Good work there Inspector. Been a known tidbit since morning.

Apparently there was also a cop in the school at the time of the shooting but he somehow managed to not "encounter" the shooter.

Amazing how they never seem to have a problem encountering (i.e. kicking the **** out of) unarmed girls.

2 mins ago, MitchellNJ said:

Good work there Inspector. Been a known tidbit since morning.

Sorry, I just woke up.

4 mins ago, Eagles Dare said:

Some notes on this thread:

Why did we need a separate one? Did the OP somehow miss the 100 page other one?

No surprise he's well on the way to shifting the blame from the "borderline retarded" sweetheart shooter to the weapon he used.  

The other thread was filled to capacity with ignorance, misinformation, hysteria and outright stupidity, we needed to make room for more.

I welcome this thread.

6 mins ago, Seal said:

Apparently there was also a cop in the school at the time of the shooting but he somehow managed to not "encounter" the shooter.

Amazing how they never seem to have a problem encountering (i.e. kicking the **** out of) unarmed girls.

Goooo seal!!!

30 mins ago, gadwall8 said:

It ought to be against the law to murder people.

The window to stop a madman is so small. Up until the moment he steps into the school with a weapon or steers a vehicle into a crowd, they haven't broken any law. Beware the urge to restrict everyone's civil rights because of an individual- they don't grow back.

:v:

Murder is against the law if your last name isn't Clinton.

I think there will be a "lessons learned" review of this kid's privilege to purchase that weapon.  From what I've gleaned from news reports, it seems like the background check missed the fact that he was in therapy for mental reasons.  That should have disqualified him.  I'm not certain of the timeline though.  He may have bought the AR-15 before he was in therapy...

There are a lot of things about this shooting that make no sense to me... one of them is what the legal drinking age and the legal age to own a gun brought up in the OP as some great insight have any ****ing thing to do with anything.

There are a lot of things about this shooting that make no sense to me... one of them is what the legal drinking age and the legal age to own a gun brought up in the OP as some great insight have any ****ing thing to do with anything.

11 mins ago, Jettyhound said:

Murder is against the law if your last name isn't Clinton.

I think there will be a "lessons learned" review of this kid's privilege to purchase that weapon.  From what I've gleaned from news reports, it seems like the background check missed the fact that he was in therapy for mental reasons.  That should have disqualified him.  I'm not certain of the timeline though.  He may have bought the AR-15 before he was in therapy...

Adjudicated incompetent or dangerous is one thing, but, millions of people seek therapy for all sorts of reasons, using that alone as a disqualification is dangerous. 

3 mins ago, gadwall8 said:

Adjudicated incompetent or dangerous is one thing, but, millions of people seek therapy for all sorts of reasons, using that alone as a disqualification is dangerous. 

It's beyond that, it's totally wrong. You're trying to ID people with serious mental illnesses who are dangers to themselves and others. And those people only.

Posted (edited)

11 mins ago, saltydawg said:

I think the OP is advocating lowering the drinking age. It's more fun to shoot when you have a buzz.

Otherwise, it makes no sense.

Edited by Wayne Tj

3 mins ago, Wayne Tj said:

I think the OP is advocating lowering the drinking age. It's more fun to shoot when you have a buzz.

Otherwise, it makes no sense.

I always aim at the target in the middle

14 mins ago, gadwall8 said:

I stand corrected and agree.  I was "thinking" of dangerous, aggressive, abusive etc. types of behaviours for disqualification and don't think that sleep therapy should be included; especially for bass and snook fishermen.  Or fisherpeople.  Fisherpersons?  Fisherfolks?