NRA Attack Payroll

Rate this topic

fishinambition

lol. so private clubs forcing members to pay the NRA is pro-liberty. :laugh:

its a cabal because its primary purpose is to make money.

and the Liberal Gun Club aren't alone in understanding that :

American Coalition for Responsible Gun Ownership
Citizens for Smart Gun Ownership
Gun Owners Against The NRA
Gun Owners For Commonsense Laws
Gun Owners For Reform
Veterans for Responsible Gun Ownership

all the above groups are gun owners who oppose the radical political extremism of the NRA.

Disclaimer: the above may not represent the actual views of the writer, but may have been expressed sarcastically/ ironically with the sole intention of providing humour. That notwithstanding, the writer retains the right to be emotionally, psychologically or alcohol/substance impaired at the time of writing

(*member formerly known as 'guernseybass')

52 mins ago, Aquacide said:

lol. so private clubs forcing members to pay the NRA is pro-liberty. :laugh:

its a cabal because its primary purpose is to make money.

and the Liberal Gun Club aren't alone in understanding that :

all the above groups are gun owners who oppose the radical political extremism of the NRA.

How any members do you suppose there are total... all those groups 

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices. – William James

I have never had to join the NRA to get gun permit, take a training course or join a gun club.

Cecile Richards pulls down $600,000 a year.  Now that we know the score, we probably should remind Guernsey that Planned Parenthood isn't about women's healthcare, it is a money making racket.

On 2/15/2018 at 9:41 AM, fishinambition said:

For attack weapons. Weapons of war. 30 clip mag. Bayonet launchers. To attack. No one needs guns.

There. Ive done my part.

That is all.

You said yesterday nobody needs them. I saw it. Actually I think you said .410 plus a single-shot .22.

2 hours ago, Bass Ackwards said:

There are over 20,000 gun laws already on the books right now that aren't being upheld. More will NOT stop a crazy person from doing an evil deed, they only effect the law abiding citizen.

yeah. none.

the NRA leadership don't represent the views of their membership, they represent taking cash from them and gun makers.

they are exactly like a corrupt union.

Disclaimer: the above may not represent the actual views of the writer, but may have been expressed sarcastically/ ironically with the sole intention of providing humour. That notwithstanding, the writer retains the right to be emotionally, psychologically or alcohol/substance impaired at the time of writing

24 mins ago, Slacker said:

Cecile Richards pulls down $600,000 a year.  Now that we know the score, we probably should remind Guernsey that Planned Parenthood isn't about women's healthcare, it is a money making racket.

remind me how PP forces people to join it and give them cash ?

and how much do they charge ?

22 hours ago, Bass Ackwards said:

The NRA is fighting for all Americans who believe in their 2nd amendment rights.

Read above

Of course you have proof of this, link me to it please.

The NRA is fighting to preserve the second amendment rights for ALL AMERICANS.

I was a member for quite a while, then quit in the 90's I guess, when they morphed into primarily a manufacturer's lobby. I'm not going back, and not afraid to say so.

They do some things I approve of. Like being involved in the SC case that established gun ownership as an Individual Right (the same case where the Court found that the 2nd wasn't unabridged). I'm glad of that result. But I'm not gonna support them for other things they do. You haven't seen that on an issue or two, they defy the majority of their members? Plus, I got sick of their constant fundraising e-mails.

11 mins ago, patchyfog said:

. You haven't seen that on an issue or two, they defy the majority of their members?

which is exactly like a corrupt union. they represent themselves and their big salaries, not their members.

Edited by Aquacide

1 min ago, Slacker said:

No one is forced to join the NRA.  But everyone's tax dollars do subsidize PP.

those who gun clubs decide they have to be NRA members to retain membership and shoot on their ranges do.

Just now, Aquacide said:

those who gun clubs decide they have to be NRA members to retain membership and shoot on their ranges do.

I have been a member of plenty of gun clubs that don't require NRA membership.  Gun clubs are private entities; if some club leadership wants to require NRA membership, that is their business.  

7 mins ago, Slacker said:

Gun clubs are private entities; if some club leadership wants to require NRA membership, that is their business.  

that's a very convenient argument from those supposed to be pro-liberty huh ? - forcing people to give political donations so they can exercise their right to 2A :kook:

and that doesn't explain why the NRA doesn't represent its members views nor provide any solutions.

1 min ago, Aquacide said:

that's a very convenient argument from those supposed to be pro-liberty huh ? - forcing people to give political donations so they can exercise their right to 2A :kook:

and that doesn't explain why the NRA doesn't represent its members views nor provide any solutions.

You don't think a private gun club should be able to set it's own membership rules?  "Liberty" has something to do with private organizational structures?  

If the NRA was not representing it's members, then it would not continue to have members. The NRA's job is not to provide "solutions"; it is to protect the rights of gun owners.