RIP and Giveaway

Rate this topic

achase

• 2 weeks later...

I knew David pretty well.  We used to hang out at Fisher's Tackle when Bill Pew ran the place.  He was one of the heavy hitters in the Nantucket fishing community. At Fishers when David, Bill, and Jim Ellis got busting chops with one another you could have sold tickets!  David taught many people how to fish, where to go, and things to look for.  He also recognized greatness in other anglers and gave them credit for the secrets they shared.  He worked on the Priscilla J with Tom Mlzesco for a number of years and gave Captain Tom a ton of accolades.  He also identified many of Tony Stetzco's hints as brilliant fishing strategies.  It was close to thirty years ago that David gave me some pointers and steered me to my first striped bass at the mouth of Miacomet Pond one spring.  The pond had been opened to the sea as tends to happen on Nantucket and Schoolies were feeding in the outflow.  David took full advantage of all of the fishing opportunities on the Island.  At one time I believe he held an IGFA record for white perch.  David was nice, opinionated, and talented.  He is already missed.

Sorry about losing what sounds like a great fishing buddy. My dad and I always called each other after fishing to share the stories of that day. I don't want the plug as it belongs to someone who is a serious surfcaster.  I'm a boater.

(*member formerly known as 'SWPaulie')