kross57

Dry humping manatees

16 posts in this topic

The first time I saw one in real life, I was kayak fishing for snook next to some mangroves. Scared the ever loving crap out of me. They were huge.

2 hours ago, Africaster said:

Going to swimming with them next week in FL.

Where Homosassa, Crystal River, both places right now have big herds ,when gulf water gets above ,Gulf water Temp now is 72 or so they will start leaving, Gulf Water temp is  67 so they will be hanging around for some time. There is a place S of us where there is few manatees, I also had one surface right along side my Boat Never seen one before as was new and scared hell out of me  what he hell  is that , told people at Dock and they just laughed

I live about 2 mile fromPro Dive  shop//River Ventures, about 3 1/2 mile from plantaion which also has a dive shop,several places to rent Yak,Canoes

If coming to these areas or close by give me call take you around and show you the area , 

352 257 3288  AL

16 mins ago, Al Sears said:

Where Homosassa, Crystal River, both places right now have big herds ,when gulf water gets above ,Gulf water Temp now is 72 or so they will start leaving, Gulf Water temp is  67 so they will be hanging around for some time. There is a place S of us where there is few manatees, I also had one surface right along side my Boat Never seen one before as was new and scared hell out of me  what he hell  is that , told people at Dock and they just laughed

I live about 2 mile fromPro Dive  shop//River Ventures, about 3 1/2 mile from plantaion which also has a dive shop,several places to rent Yak,Canoes

If coming to these areas or close by give me call take you around and show you the area , 

352 257 3288  AL

We're taking the snappers to Disney for a few days and staying onsite, except for 1 day at NASA and the 6am swim at Crystal for the better half's B-Day. So thank you kindly for that most tempting offer but doubt we'll have the opportunity this trip. That being said, got your number and will use it :th:

Had one blow up under me while paddling back from a three day trip in the everglades.  Must have slid righ tonto his back and he launched my out of the yak.  Big freaking beasts!

98051FCE-BF17-4AA9-9F92-6EE46289987F.jpeg

Weeki Wachi springs last year in Florida, saw quite a bit of them. Very curious, bad for them with all the boat traffic 

Edited by msabella17

Homosassa River,Kings Bay/Crystal River all have Manatee zone and Idle speed is to be observed,in some cases unavoidabe strike,many have scars  from prop cuts, they do patrol and enforce this ruling quite hard, BUI,County Sheriff has a marine patrol and has arrested several each year for BUI same fines and such as DUI  (Confiscated Boats/Jet Ski) 

When you get to Crystal River and look at area you will see why I will never leave,one problem is each year we have a quota set aside for each state of new comers from that area, most states are backed up for few years,  unlessyou can find some one from your state selling and purchase their house (what a line of BS right)  

Time permits give me call,go to lunch at old Shipmates cafe in Ozello Keys, Back Water Fins, or go to Crackers and feed Tarpon ,or just say hello,Oh yes full day on flats (inshore) charter runs about 400.00 for Two people, one Capt I know is real good with Kids makes his own Top water plugs and uses them exclusive 

Enjoy Trip,   Al

Disney :  

Just seen New Add, 4 people 4 days $1980.00 i hope that includes Hotel room also, might want to spend an extra Buck ($75.00 ???)  and get speed pass and go to head of line rather than waiting an Hour each ride which is ???Personally I will not stand in line to spend money