Jmat321

Fort Lauderdale Shore Fishing

18 posts in this topic

Regarding Snook in the intercoastal, I live north of Ft Lauderdale in Vero, been seeing and catching a few Snook. I have a friend that lives on the intercoastal and has a Snook light, they are there pretty much every evening that I'm over at his house. So I would assume they are south of here as well. Small soft plastics work for me.

2 hours ago, aneary said:

Regarding Snook in the intercoastal, I live north of Ft Lauderdale in Vero, been seeing and catching a few Snook. I have a friend that lives on the intercoastal and has a Snook light, they are there pretty much every evening that I'm over at his house. So I would assume they are south of here as well. Small soft plastics work for me.

don't forget that if you're down here on vacation and are planning on fishing for snook you need the special snook permit...

I fished at the fishing pier across from Commercial Blvd. The pier was closed due to renovations but there were Tons of Jacks and Barracuda all within casting distance every morning along side the pier, I just used Kastmasters and Crocodile spoons, I wish I had a Green and silver Little Cleo to match the Pilchards bait fish. Those small Barracuda 20-22in. were Very good tasting !! The Jacks were Too.

Got stopped by one cop one early morning, I think he thought I was homeless or something, once he saw I knew what I was doing he just walked away.

Once people start hitting the beach ya gotta go.