Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hoakge12000

What is this Toyota marketing BS

27 posts in this topic

I like my 4runner, but would i take it to crawl over rocks with a payload? Probably not. Too risky to damage new vehicle, but would I take a troopy or GU over rocks brand new? Probbaly yes, since it's built much stronger from factory.

This is the issue, Toyota has a product already made and all they need to do is stick a tundra engine in that thing and bring it here. 

70k might be expensive, but 150k for a G class isn't cheap either. Am I wrong here?

Edited by hoakge12000

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

So you're critiquing a company for saying it's baja worthy......yet in the next line you say baja isn't real off roading?

Which would only require tires and suspension

I'm so confused.

I'm saying, why do they take the TRDs on dirt roads and claim them to be the best off roaders, when in fact their own company has MUCH stronger UTEs available across seas.

2 hours ago, hoakge12000 said:

I like my 4runner, but would i take it to crawl over rocks with a payload? Probably not. Too risky to damage new vehicle, but would I take a troopy or GU over rocks brand new? Probbaly yes, since it's built much stronger from factory.

This is the issue, Toyota has a product already made and all they need to do is stick a tundra engine in that thing and bring it here. 

70k might be expensive, but 150k for a G class isn't cheap either. Am I wrong here?

Yes you’re wrong. 99% of people in the US can’t afford a 70-150K vehicle and most of those that can won’t take it off-road.  

2 hours ago, z-man said:

Yes you’re wrong. 99% of people in the US can’t afford a 70-150K vehicle and most of those that can won’t take it off-road.  

Ok, but why then is the raptor 55k + ? 

1 hour ago, hoakge12000 said:

There's going to be a Ford Ranger Raptor now.  Haven't priced one. 

40 mins ago, metaliczombi said:

There's going to be a Ford Ranger Raptor now.  Haven't priced one. 

I hope Ford and Chevy kill the pick up sales. Yota needs a beating.

1 hour ago, hoakge12000 said:

There’s a big difference between 55K and 70K. You could get a Raptor and a little commuter car for that money 

1 hour ago, z-man said:

There’s a big difference between 55K and 70K. You could get a Raptor and a little commuter car for that money 

I will give you that, but say a rich person decides to buy one, as do rich people with GWagen, LR, LC200, Lexus (etc.). At 40k miles, that troopy will drop in price from 70k to 50-55k ish (say it retains value insanely well as it does currently).

At this point I could purchase a new raptor or a 40k miles troopy. Both would cost around the same price, and the Troopy would be just as good if not better due to its rock solid suspension. I would buy the troopy, someone else would buy the ford, but the option would be there...

On 2/13/2018 at 10:53 PM, hoakge12000 said:

I dont know which crowd you are talking about, but the defenders get used heavily. As for the others, they arent off road worthy as the ground clearance and suspension is that of a camry. I don't think anyone really considers Land Rovers (not defenders..) worthy at all.. let alone on the highway with a trail of spare parts behind it.

Sorry but you are misinformed, yes defenders are beasts , however the range rovers are very capable , far more capable than any other manufacturers models , the make chevys , fords , keeps etc look like play toys .

8 hours ago, giant basshole said:

Sorry but you are misinformed, yes defenders are beasts , however the range rovers are very capable , far more capable than any other manufacturers models , the make chevys , fords , keeps etc look like play toys .

Maybe compared to Ford or gm, but only a defender matches capabilities that of a 70 series or patrol. The rest of the new land rovers aren't very off road worthy. If you drive behind them, you will see how low to the ground their suspension sits. Compare it to a stock Rubicon, or a landcruiser and you will see how big of a difference it is. Also, range Rovers have terrible wheel travel and are only worth having if you like to be a mechanic.