jettyjmpr

Winter boredom

7 posts in this topic

Took a bunch of stuff out to see what I got...Took a pic while I was at it

20180212_194056.jpg

20180212_194800.jpg

Edited by jettyjmpr

I got a question, looks like you're the person to ask. I've never used plugs for stripers, and I was wondering what a good one would be for early season, March to mid-April, in the upper bay lower Del.river area? Those days where you catch a bunch of shorties would a little more fun, and cheaper, if you could get a lure to work. Very seldom have I seen guys trying them, are they less effective with low water temps?

5 hours ago, BordnBeachBill said:

I got a question, looks like you're the person to ask. I've never used plugs for stripers, and I was wondering what a good one would be for early season, March to mid-April, in the upper bay lower Del.river area? Those days where you catch a bunch of shorties would a little more fun, and cheaper, if you could get a lure to work. Very seldom have I seen guys trying them, are they less effective with low water temps?

Lures work all year if u fish them right...based on bait available...match the hatch and try different techniques...I'm sure my lure selection pales in comparison to many on here

8 hours ago, BordnBeachBill said:

How about a plug with a teaser? Search here there's lots on that method.