codfish

How much do eyes matter on a lure???

112 posts in this topic

I catched fish with lures blinds and with eyes. In my opinion ,  It's all on the conditions, location, lure action/presentation and Most important...... Confidence/positivity :hooked:

Edited by mtkstriper

A lure is supposed to look like a bait fish and bait fish have eyes, so even if the eyes only play a role in 1% of strikes I will still go for it.

Who made the plug with one eye facing down? I thought that was pretty slick, but eyes really don't matter except if they're red,black or green.

5 hours ago, dannpakk said:

It's the shine in the eyes that triggers fish 

No its the signature of the plug builder that fish can't resist. The better the penmanship, the harder the strike! 

giphy.gif

Food for thought???

When the researchers investigated what happens in nature on a coral reef with lots of predators, they found that juvenile damsel fish with enlarged eye spots "fake eyes" had an amazing five times the survival rate of fish with a normal-sized spot.

“This was dramatic proof that eyespots work – and give young fish a hugely increased chance of not being eaten.

“We think the eyespots not only cause the predator to attack the wrong end of the fish, enabling it to escape by accelerating in the opposite direction, but also reduce the risk of fatal injury to the head,” she explains.

Edited by codfish