codfish

How much do eyes matter on a lure???

140 posts in this topic

All species of bait fish and fish in general have eyes......so yes eyes make the lure look more realistic.There are no fish without eyes that im aware of ....Plug builders who dont use eyes like the look and it saves them time and money not having to add that step to the building process.

1 hour ago, IslandSurf said:

All species of bait fish and fish in general have eyes......so yes eyes make the lure look more realistic.There are no fish without eyes that im aware of ....Plug builders who dont use eyes like the look and it saves them time and money not having to add that step to the building process.

And some of us have been building blind plugs for years having much personal experience and customers proving that they are unnecessary. I do not have anything against them. They are just not needed to be productive.

No there not needed to be productive,95% of my builds have eyes though.I do like my darters I build to not have eyes as far as fishing goes.

For instance these two big darters i built have glass eyes that genuinely look like fish eyes when under water.To me eyes bring the lure to life ...its a prefrence thing for me.

20180215_170534.jpg