Paintless dent removal?

Rate this topic

R.R. Bridge Fisher

The body shop I have used tells me that for some dents it works fine.  He uses it on small dents.  He is a fanatic and does a ton of work on high end cars.  He also does all of the body work for BMW Corporate in NJ.  He is also only one of two certified Tesla body shops.  

So he is no slouch.  He was going to use it on a dent my wife had in her car, until he saw a crack in the paint.   Dam crack was so small I never saw it even had trouble with him showing it to me.  

Check with a couple of body shops and see if they have anyone that they use.

31Bert

12 hours ago, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

I have a couple small dents that really bug me. Has anyone had the paintless dent removal done on a vehicle?  What was the pricing and how'd it go? 

I have use this trick a bunch of times. It is insane how well it works. 

I bought a pro-grade dent removal tool, hot glue gun and varying-strength glue sticks. I can get small dings to the point that if you weren't looking for them, you wouldn't notice them. Pros have a lot more tools and techniques. It's worth it to at least take it to a shop that does it and see what they say.

Just imagine how happy you would be if you lost everything you have in life and then suddenly got it back
SOL Member #101

Had a dent in  front fender nothing bad just cosmetic, have an indepedent guy who does all work for Buick Dealer so took my Le Sabre in ,he was done  in half hour , good to go, dent area  was barely visible and unless one knew it would be passed by  Charged me $50.00 in high income area perhaps 100.00 per dent (He used heat) 

Edited by Al Sears

I just bought a slightly used Yukon, it had some dings, and I sprang for the wheel & ding insurance which was only like $15/m extra.

So I almost immediately turned around and brought it in for the dings.  All gone.  As long as there isn't paint damage, they can do it, I can't find any evidence of the dings I knew were there.  Can't help you on the cost, obviously it was covered for me.

3 mins ago, nightfighter said:

I had to have three cars repaired after a hail storm up here about eight years ago. More than 300 dings. Insurance job. The local shop had a team up from Texas here for three months. They travel the country following hail storms. 

Have you taken it to Colonial for an estimate? One town north of you.

No but i will

Thanks

troll #122  <*)))<

I had two small dings in my classic car.last painted in 1988.Watched the guy take a torch to the paint.bang and tap on the fender.and, after stressing out,the results were amazing.I guess it depends on who you have do it.But, I was very happy with the results.And, I am pretty picky when it comes to my chevy. just my 2 cents

• 2 weeks later...

I was able to pop a supermarket cart ding by heating the ding area with a hot air gun set to 240* and sprayed compressed canned air on it. The cold air on the hot metal popped it right out.

America, the country so great that even its haters refuse to leave. 

I would wait until it gets warmer, unless you have a heated garage. I did it this past summer with the car sitting in the sun, then pulled it into the shade and heated it with the hot air gun. It's important to get it hot without damaging the paint, and that is 240*. I used a Wagner hot air gun with digital temp control and I checked the metal temp with a Klein infrared laser temp reader to make sure I got it right.

Its too too cold out now to heat the metal in the ding when all the other sheet metal is 40*.

BTW, this will only work for small dings the size of a dime or so, like a door ding.

Edited by Wayne Tj

America, the country so great that even its haters refuse to leave.