codfish

Lost jig in the Canal

54 posts in this topic

Not really secret but you cant go wrong with black and red at night. Chartreuse green has its times as well.

And the secret colors are, well maybe, but I'm really not sure and that definite...................

DSC_0421.JPG

4 mins ago, b-ware said:

And the secret colors are, well maybe, but I'm really not sure and that definite...................

DSC_0421.JPG

Are these all tied with synthetic hair, except for the white one?

1 min ago, Sandbar1 said:

Are these all tied with synthetic hair, except for the white one?

Yes they are.....................

For the sake of discussion I do believe the synthetic hair works just as well as natural hair........

40 mins ago, FyshhTrap said:

Heres one I just made 5 mins ago, Baby Mack. Now if you could please tell me about that "Secret" color....

mjig.jpg

mjig1.jpg

That one will work great on sea bass and you could leave the lower half of the hair off

2 hours ago, Sandbar1 said:

How do they compare to a simple sluggo and jighead combo?

In the canal, I've caught slightly better on hurleys, but mostly on the smaller mousetails during the summer heat at night.

Trolling and drifting in either Barnstable or Chatham?  2 to 1.

20 mins ago, Angler #1 said:

That one will work great on sea bass and you could leave the lower half of the hair off

That's Deer hair with a synthetic green, just havin some fun, I hope they work as well as the $5.00 Bill Skinner jigs.

That's a two tone Powder coat

1 hour ago, Angler #1 said:

Bob there are no secret colors and at our age it is time to share a little more if there was. Just think you give up just one secret and it gets shared again and again over time . You might even get your name attached to it down in the history book of time . Pink is missing :howdy:

Many secrets are hard earned. Hundreds, if not thousands of hours experimenting over a 50 plus year career. A few are remaining with me. :ph34r:

49 mins ago, b-ware said:

DSC_0421.JPG

Nope, but I intend to add that top one to my bag.

2 mins ago, bob_G said:

Many secrets are hard earned. Hundreds, if not thousands of hours experimenting over a 50 plus year career. A few are remaining with me. :ph34r:

YUP !!!

1 hour ago, codfish said:

yiks:)

No heheh.  Barely fished the canal at all last year.  I usually lose one or two a tide.  Lost a sebile fast sinking stick shad last year. It was free to me luckily

8 hours ago, pogie_boy said:

No heheh.  Barely fished the canal at all last year.  I usually lose one or two a tide.  Lost a sebile fast sinking stick shad last year. It was free to me luckily

To many people??