Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Reed422

Korean Food

29 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, wasy said:

Hmart?

H mart is a Korean grocery store with a few branches in New York New Jersey & MA among others.

On 2/18/2018 at 9:20 PM, iceberg57 said:

Try your hand at Tteok-bokki with some of those rice cakes you have left. Killer stuff. My mil buys country style ribs when they are on sale, and separates them into food saver packs for Kim chi jigea. She makes it hot enough that when my father in law was still with us, I can still remember him sitting at the head of the table lapping that stuff up, and as the beads of sweat would form on his brow he would just gab napkins and slap them to his forehead. Leaving them sticking in place as he snatched the spoon up and went back to work on the stew. Good stuff for a cold winter eve.

I wanted to make that the other day but just made a stir fry with it for my gf who can't handle big flavors, and especially not anything that might have fish flavors.

On 2/14/2018 at 10:47 AM, Reed422 said:

Here's some noodles

IMG_7834.JPG

damn, Mr. Weed that is outstanding... :clap:

55 mins ago, makomakoman said:

damn, Mr. Weed that is outstanding... :clap:

Thanks. Here's tonight's Korean meal and the jjigae from the other day.

The fish is spanish Mack in a Korean marinade, stir fry seaweed and steamed broccoli 

IMG_7870.JPG

IMG_7921.JPG

On 2/20/2018 at 9:54 AM, Reed422 said:

I'm obsessed with watching Maangchi, I'd marry that woman!

Be forewarned, Korean women are as fiery as the food. Just kidding but between me and my 3 siblings, 3 out of 4 significant others are not Korean.  ;-)

6 hours ago, makomakoman said:

Looks great again..

How long did the noodle recipe take?  

well I marinated the pork overnight. But otherwise it all came together in under 30 minutes

1 hour ago, Reed422 said:

well I marinated the pork overnight. But otherwise it all came together in under 30 minutes

Can you share the recipe or tell me where you found it?

thanks

On 2/14/2018 at 10:52 AM, Reed422 said:

These noodles were really damn good. They're sweet potato starch glass noodles. I got these berkshire pork butt steaks that I marinated in hot pepper paste, hot pepper powder, sesame oil, soy sauce, honey, hoison, rice vinegar, sesame seeds and water. I broiled that and then chopped it up into bite sized pieces. The noodles I cooked until very al dente and then stir fried them. The veg is chinese chive, chinese spinach, ****ake, and then I used the marinade sauce to sauce the noodles. I also added more hot pepper paste and a few splashes of soy sauce.  Was damn good and spicy as hell.

1 hour ago, makomakoman said:

Can you share the recipe or tell me where you found it?

thanks

Here's the noodle recipe. I think Korean may be king of all the Asian food. 

3 hours ago, HKJonathan said:

Be forewarned, Korean women are as fiery as the food. Just kidding but between me and my 3 siblings, 3 out of 4 significant others are not Korean.  ;-)

They're all crazy, Korean or not.

On 2/19/2018 at 7:03 AM, HKJonathan said:

H mart is a Korean grocery store with a few branches in New York New Jersey & MA among others.

Im outside of Philly and there's one in levittown Pa. I have to get back there. 

Very cool stuff there.

That noodle dish looks good....