Kbetts

Finally Lax season

26 posts in this topic

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 10:42 AM, Kbetts said:

Yea, Towson looked out of place.  Hopkins made them look like fools a couple times.  Happy for Petro though...he's due a good run.

Towson will have an uphill battle this year...graduating Adams and Seider.. (both went to HS with my kids), and Drenner.  Hopkins looked good, and their starting goalie Turnbaugh ( also form our local HS) shows quite an improvement over last season.

As the season is getting underway, what is everyone's Final Four predictions and Champion? What conference is the biggest dogfight? And what other predictions do you have?

Gotta give me a few on the final four predictions.....shattered the iPad and couldn’t stream all the games I wanted.  Watched UVA and Highpoint last night to celebrate the new $130 screen.

I’d be afraid of Denver.  Once the season progresses and they get a stride, with Baptiste winning FO’s, they are going to be tough.  It’s all about possessions.

I don’t have one clear favorite.  Teams that get my favor just play a certain way.  Down hill, foot on the accelerator with guys that know how to balance the field and protect possessions.  I’ve “liked” Carolina in the past but that standing behind the goal for 45 seconds drove me crazy.

a girl I coached and trained is a freshman at Northwestern this year. any one of 6-7 teams can win it this year. UNC lost to JMU, but beat Maryland. Stony Brook is #1 and beat Northwestern at NW. Florida has beaten some good teams already.. its crazy on the girls side. as for the men, anyone can beat anyone, especially in the top ten..there are SOO many good players out there now, the top teams arent invincible any longer.. used to be Cuse, Hopkins, UNC, Cornell, Princeton for a while.. now, any one of 10-12 teams can get hot in the post season and win it.. gonna come down to Defense.. I do miss the days of the 1 on 1 matchup that every one waited for.. back in the day when a great dman would go against a great attackman and who ever won that battle, their team would win.. back in the day where dmen could take the ball from attackman, throw great checks.. now its all body position and team defense.. Stud D middies going against and trying to shut down the great middies.. I remember Petro guarded Gary Gait all over the field. crazy games.. ill be watching, and also for you long island peeps, the womens final four is at Stony Brook this year, what ever 4 teams make it, its gonna be crazy good lax, especially ifyou have girls, its a must see.. unreal athletes out there now!!

On 2/12/2018 at 10:46 AM, DragonsLax48 said:

Eff Petro, the guy should win the championship every year with the resources that he has at Hopkins. I mean come on, the guy walks on the field and the refs practically hand him the game. His boy Bill Bellichek taught him well. He's had his and cant make it happen which is why ill always root for every other team against the BlueJays

Gonna agree with you on this one, though maybe not as pissed off about it!

On 2/12/2018 at 10:22 AM, Kbetts said:

Ahhhhh, a sign that spring is coming.  NCAA Lacrosse started a couple weeks ago.  Can Maryland repeat?  The world's oldest team sport is booming as there seems to be a new program making a name for itself every year.

High School lax starts March 1st.  Our kids have been playing twice a week after school to work out the winter blues.  The program has gone from just enough kids to have a team to most likely having to make cuts for the first time ever.  Currently we have six kids playing at the college level, including an exchange student from Spain that just made his University team.  Fun times for sure. 

ESPNU is televising multiple games and there is a ton of live stream available.  Do yourself a favor and watch a couple if you haven't.  It's addictive.

We've got 18" on the turf and a swamp for a grass field.  Going to set us back a bit as our inside space is limited.  

Mt Olive cooking on all cylinders with their bubble+turf.  Young hungry team, will be interesting if the 2 week advantage will make a difference in early season games.

First HS scrimmages today.  Funand we won, but the kids need work.  Lots of young talent and you could see the nerves.  Starting attack, two sophomores and a freshman.  We only have three seniors.  Lots of room to grow.

Watching this MD/Albany game.  Coming down to the wire.

On 2/15/2018 at 2:04 PM, BW said:

Towson will have an uphill battle this year...graduating Adams and Seider.. (both went to HS with my kids), and Drenner.  Hopkins looked good, and their starting goalie Turnbaugh ( also form our local HS) shows quite an improvement over last season.

YOu guys play some damned good lax down there.  Upset over Gilman was news up here in NJ even.  Good stuff.

How about that scrappy Albany comeback?! i love it!! My boys at Drexel pulled together another win to get the ball rolling. Next up: SJU