2018 National Championship

Rate this topic

gadwall8

2 mins ago, HopHead said:

I used to despise emrick but I've found him more tolerable of late. Agree on televising it on TOC though.....be better than half the **** they show which is 20 mins advertisements anyway.

I don't despise him. I just think he uses too many words to describe the action. Gets annoying. i can see what's going on.

Thanks for the Frank. That's a new version for me. 

You know it must be a penguin bound down if you hear that terrible screaming and there ain't no other birds around. 

On 2/12/2018 at 10:18 AM, DoorGunner said:

My money is on this one. Should have an excellent chance of finding birds.

Gay Jewish Pet Parties Dogs Beverly Hills Los Angeles CA

You do that the pink princess pictured is from a hunting back ground. The fancy hair cuts were originally done to make them better swimmers and better in the brush.

Peace

Frank II --- If anyone needs me, I'll be in my MAN CAVE, rotating the laundry. - C.C.A. - American Littoral Society Tagger w/ 61 returns - Vietnam Veteran U. S. Army,  Grand Pa of 6

Looks like a good chance we'll have a back to back champion....

Lester's Sunny Hill Jo: A Find at 20 seconds in a feed patch at the breakaway. A Find at :31 in the Horseshoe on the west side. A Find at :44 on the east side of the Chute. A Find at :56 on the northeast corner of Tyler's Test. A Back at 1:14 at the entrance to the Lawrence Smith Barn Field. A Find at 1:44 on the south side of Tyler's Test east of the shed. An Unprodcutive at 1:56 in the cut over on the north side of the Jack Harris Cabin Field. A rabbit at 2:04 in the Jack Harris Cabin field. A Find at 2:16 on the east side of Cox's Ridge in bicolor. A Find at 2:18 on the west side of Cox's Ridge at the apex of hill. A Find at 2:22 on Cox's Ridge northeast of Carlisle Corner. A Find at 2:33 on Cox's Ridge before descending into Fason bottom. Finished the three hours.

:v:

"I came into this world naked, screaming at the top of my lungs, and covered in someone else's blood. I got no problem leaving it that way."
Who can hope to be safe? Who sufficiently cautious? Guard himself as he may, every moment's an ambush. Horace

On 2/12/2018 at 10:08 AM, gadwall8 said:

He looks good!

I'm thinking "Miller's Dialing In" (2015 Champ)  will win it.  

Strange but true: as I was scanning the running list, I thought the same.  Back-to-back for Gary Lester.  This time with a dog he owns.

A glance down the handlers list makes my hair stand with excitement.  As always, STIFF COMPETITION!

Edited by Jettyhound

"If you want to consider what 'social security' does for and to people, look at the American Indian." -Henry Ford

"If I could live my life over, I'd live it over Giglio's B&T." -Bud E. Brown

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

I have been a bad sport about it...rooting against a back to back with the same fervor I watch Mets and Jets games so I can root against them.  There are so few setters run, that I want to hold on to the distinction of Setter holding the distinction of back to back wins,  SIOUX in 1901 & 02 before Shadow Oak Bo did it.  Lester' Sunny Jo had a rabbit point and an unproductive hoping another dog has a clean run with an equal number of finds. 

No people were ever yet benefited by riches if their prosperity corrupted their virtue....
-Theodore Roosevelt

^^^Not sure how much running he could do with 9 finds,1 back, 1 unproductive and a bunny.  I'm thinking there will be better; especially if the grounds dry out some.

Edited by Jettyhound

"If you want to consider what 'social security' does for and to people, look at the American Indian." -Henry Ford

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

8 hours ago, buckmaster said:

CTJim I think   In the Shadow won in 2010, which was a pointer handled by Robin Gates

My dog's father's name was Grouse Ridge Storm. Dave Hughes handled him. Perhaps I am confusing the trials. Had many offers to buy or handle his son, my dog.  Always answered with the same response, "he is my buddy before he will ever be my gun dog"  Made Master hunter at 12 months.  Still miss him.  Can't get another setter after him

7 hours ago, Jettyhound said:

Strange but true: as I was scanning the running list, I thought the same.  Back-to-back for Gary Lester.  This time with a dog he owns.

A glance down the handlers list makes my hair stand with excitement.  As always, STIFF COMPETITION!

Miller's Dialing In: Find at 1:12 in the Lawrence Smith Barn Field on woods edge. Asked for tracker at 1:41.

"Spec" is out :(

"I came into this world naked, screaming at the top of my lungs, and covered in someone else's blood. I got no problem leaving it that way."
Who can hope to be safe? Who sufficiently cautious? Guard himself as he may, every moment's an ambush. Horace

It looks like Oakspring Big Time Warrior had plenty of clean finds.  Tough to run in a pond though...  but it looks like all will face the same muckfest.

I looked at the GSP that had a qualifying win in '16.  He appears to have as much pointer in him as a pointer.  LOL

Lets see how Quickmarksmans TT goes.  

On 2/20/2018 at 3:46 PM, buckmaster said:

Jetty I just emailed the fellow who videos the championship for the archives...said the weather had turned nicely so hopefully. 

Good news!  Thank you for passing this on.

I'm really enjoying the birdwork videos on the NC webpage.  Really nice camera work.  I tip my hat to that talent.  I'm a bit ashamed that I've only bought one video; Shadow Oak Bo's first NC win.

I've heard there will be some drone work on this years video.  Do you know if that will happen?