quonny

Sig Sauer P226 MK25 comments

29 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, tomkaz said:

P290 was not a real Sig, it was a baby Glock wannabe. 

Since replaced by the P365.

That’s what I bought after I sold the Sig a 43 

I have two Sig 226's.  The Legion and the Stainless Elite.  The Legion sounds like what you are looking at comparing to with the MK25 as far as weight goes, the stainless is heavier.  I have nothing at all negative about any of my sigs.  The Legion is what my son, who's 12 uses at the range. He has no problem with the recoil or balance for a lighter gun.   It's one of my favorite guns. Hope that offers a little info

14 mins ago, Jason V said:

I have two Sig 226's.  The Legion and the Stainless Elite.  The Legion sounds like what you are looking at comparing to with the MK25 as far as weight goes, the stainless is heavier.  I have nothing at all negative about any of my sigs.  The Legion is what my son, who's 12 uses at the range. He has no problem with the recoil or balance for a lighter gun.   It's one of my favorite guns. Hope that offers a little info

It does help thank you! In all honesty, I am torn between the MK25 and a 227. I really do like 45acp. Do you have the SRT option? Any comments on SRT vs. the standard trigger?

48 mins ago, Jason V said:

Nope, I don't mod the trigger.  I'm also a proponent of buying used, in great shape

I generally buy new. When I shot trap, You have no idea what people would have done to their guns either by themselves or by traveling gunsmiths that lacked qualifications. It just scares me what I could end up with

2 hours ago, quonny said:

It does help thank you! In all honesty, I am torn between the MK25 and a 227. I really do like 45acp. Do you have the SRT option? Any comments on SRT vs. the standard trigger?

When I was at the Sig Academy, I had SRT installed in the 226 and one of the 229s. Once you get accustomed to the very short reset, you wonder how you lived with the factory reset. My second and later shots with the 226 at the course were significantly smoother and more consistent with the shorter reset. No change to the first DA shot, though the pull does feel a bit smoother. Not Gray's Guns smooth, but better than factory. My $0.02

1 hour ago, tomkaz said:

When I was at the Sig Academy, I had SRT installed in the 226 and one of the 229s. Once you get accustomed to the very short reset, you wonder how you lived with the factory reset. My second and later shots with the 226 at the course were significantly smoother and more consistent with the shorter reset. No change to the first DA shot, though the pull does feel a bit smoother. Not Gray's Guns smooth, but better than factory. My $0.02

Thanks for the input. I am out of town now but when I get home in a week I am going to try to look up a MK25 and a 227. I am sure the 25 is more than proven. I am more of a fan of the 45 though

10 hours ago, quonny said:

I generally buy new. When I shot trap, You have no idea what people would have done to their guns either by themselves or by traveling gunsmiths that lacked qualifications. It just scares me what I could end up with

Good point.  I bought always slightly used, never had an issue, but agree, on a heavily used gun I wouldn't.  

16 mins ago, Jason V said:

If you're going to go 45, why not a 220?

Good question. They appear to be pretty much the same gun except for the double stack and 2 more rounds. At least that is the way it looks to me. I am at a research point right now, and have not had one of these in my hand yet. Is there a basic difference between the 220 and the 227 that I am missing here?

Oh, and as for the heavily used vs. a mint gun that is used, I have seen people do things to brand new guns that make me cringe. I do in all honesty own many used guns. Mostly old Browning and Sako rifles that I bought in private sale

Yep, I think that's the only differences pretty much, fatter grip and 2 more rounds.  I love my 220, been around forever but I'm sure the 227 is fine.  Good advice on the used guns too.  I guess I've been lucky as hell with mine!

1 hour ago, Jason V said:

Yep, I think that's the only differences pretty much, fatter grip and 2 more rounds.  I love my 220, been around forever but I'm sure the 227 is fine.  Good advice on the used guns too.  I guess I've been lucky as hell with mine!

You may very well have been lucky, although I am sure there are fine used guns. 45's especially scare me, because of feeding issues and people trying to correct them to shoot anything. Anybody could buy one of mine, they are all unaltered, except for one stainless officer's Colt. That was originally satin stainless, and it was converted to a polished( ultimate) finish and the action was polished up, but that was done in the Colt custom shop when I lived in CT

43 mins ago, Jason V said:

Good stuff, that Colt custom shop I heard is awesome!

At the time, I think what I wanted done was 100.00. It came back beautiful.. I bought it new in 86.. According to Hoffman's gun at the time, it was the first privately owned on in CT. Not that it means anything special. i have fired it a half a dozen time in 30 years. It is a striking piece, and always gets comments. I think with that finish, they are upwards of 1500.00 now