Wire For Fire

Making your own pork

98 posts in this topic

2 mins ago, hobobob said:

I fish some sinker blackhole, you bring the sinkers, I'll show you the spot.  Don't even need the hooks for hookups. lol

Meant the rod but I guess that went over the head.. 

for serious if you on long guy land and you fish some same areas which is very possible .. I toss ya few to try .. love feed back on new stuff I make 

5 hours ago, Wire For Fire said:

Well here first batch.. only did the small jar got like twice this still in jar ready for one more scrape and cut to size .. I only freestyled the cuts .. made some big some small .. I usually find my self trimming 70s anyway ..  I think they gonna work out nicely .. hopefully tom or next day we shall see.. 

one rotten old yellowed 70 in there for size 

F2475E0F-63D6-4EFA-9522-7270CCD7AB99.jpeg

Good looking stuff Wire

I will give my stash few more days before I do final scraping and cutting to size.

What colors do you have on mind?

6 hours ago, Popasilov said:

Good looking stuff Wire

I will give my stash few more days before I do final scraping and cutting to size.

What colors do you have on mind?

Probably leave them white ..  maybe I dye some red and some chartreuse.. but 9 times out of 10 I tossing white 

14 hours ago, Wire For Fire said:

Well here first batch.. only did the small jar got like twice this still in jar ready for one more scrape and cut to size .. I only freestyled the cuts .. made some big some small .. I usually find my self trimming 70s anyway ..  I think they gonna work out nicely .. hopefully tom or next day we shall see.. 

one rotten old yellowed 70 in there for size 

F2475E0F-63D6-4EFA-9522-7270CCD7AB99.jpeg

Lookin good man.

On 4/17/2018 at 9:51 PM, Sudsy said:

Tried it, came out a light snot yellow color and stank of bleach even after scrubbing the hell out of it

Shop Rite in WLB sometimes has it and its bright white.  I'm not sure what they do to it.  If i was going through the trouble of using pork i wouldn't bother curing it and just cut it up to your liking and freeze.  When you need a few take them out and use them once and toss.  

5 hours ago, Fly By Nite said:

Shop Rite in WLB sometimes has it and its bright white.  I'm not sure what they do to it.  If i was going through the trouble of using pork i wouldn't bother curing it and just cut it up to your liking and freeze.  When you need a few take them out and use them once and toss.  

But what happens when they spend 1-2 days in hot car ?? Gonna be so rank and useless then... it’s not like it hard to put in salt water and wait .. 

19 hours ago, Wire For Fire said:

Meant the rod but I guess that went over the head.. 

for serious if you on long guy land and you fish some same areas which is very possible .. I toss ya few to try .. love feed back on new stuff I make 

I was continuing the on going blackhole rod joke.  On a series note, I do have a blackhole capecod heavy 10ft blank on deck. waiting for a NPS reel seat that ordered from mudhole back in Feb.  This blank has some serious muscle. Can be a bridge rod, not that I have any bridge near me that allow me to fish from. lol