Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishweewee

Remington about to file Ch11 Bankruptcy

27 posts in this topic

2 mins ago, GP100 said:

The only Remington I own is an 870 Express combo. Smooth slug barrel and a 28" VR. I love that gun. It must be one of the first ones, probably close to 40 years old. My Marlins are Marlins, not Remlins. 

Those are nice shotguns. I had an 870 trap gun 30 years ago. I have a Marlin 39A from the 40's

7 hours ago, quonny said:

Those are nice shotguns. I had an 870 trap gun 30 years ago. I have a Marlin 39A from the 40's

Have you checked the price of an 870 of recent, a trap model  is out of sight,as i dont shoot trap I would  not be interested in this type of Gun,let alone the price todayy

1 hour ago, Al Sears said:

Have you checked the price of an 870 of recent, a trap model  is out of sight,as i dont shoot trap I would  not be interested in this type of Gun,let alone the price todayy

I just found a couple 870 TC's one for 895, and one for 595. Both in real nice shape, but I believe the 595 one has had the LOP modified. 13.5" is a bit short for a standard gun. 895.00 is not much to pay for a fine trap gun, when you consider what you would pay for a Browning, Perazzi, Krieghoff, Model 12 Winchester, Ljutic or the likes. I just would not want to shoot doubles with a pump

I was refering to price of a new one starting at 1100.00 and up, Knew a fellow back in mid 60's shooting with Model 12, and they are stil around ,surprising . I just cant swing fast enough for a rabbit, well if it stops 

On 2/13/2018 at 9:48 PM, quonny said:

On 2/13/2018 at 9:48 PM, quonny said:

1 hour ago, Al Sears said:

I was refering to price of a new one starting at 1100.00 and up, Knew a fellow back in mid 60's shooting with Model 12, and they are stil around ,surprising . I just cant swing fast enough for a rabbit, well if it stops 

Well, I looked them up, and at least they still make a nice looking one. I do not see a competition model, but I would buy an older TC model and shoot it for trap singles and handicap. BTW I looked up your profile. Thank you for your service.

quonny 

Thanks had a great Career for most part, traveled a lot  met a vast number of interesting people along the way, still use some traits i picked up from years ago, Today I am not real happy with the Navy Leadership Top to Bottom we have to get rid of Figure Heads,replace with Leaders one who will step forward and say NO, 

2 mins ago, Al Sears said:

quonny 

Thanks had a great Career for most part, traveled a lot  met a vast number of interesting people along the way, still use some traits i picked up from years ago, Today I am not real happy with the Navy Leadership Top to Bottom we have to get rid of Figure Heads,replace with Leaders one who will step forward and say NO, 

Yo on the current Navy leadership, they think a Naval destroyer is a hula hoop with a nail in it.  Left the Pentagon 15 days before Admiral Burke retired as last full powered CNO, not subject to JCS/SEC Defense control (McNamara).  Burke as a destroyer type did us submariners well once he realized the strategy of stealth during his 6 year run as CNO (call sign NSS).

17 mins ago, Al Sears said:

quonny 

Well, I cannot speak intelligently on the Navy leadership. I grew up in RI where we had Quonset NAS, Newport, and Davisville Seabees Batallion. Many of my friends were Navy brats as they were referred to. We all but lived on the base at Quonset, bowling, swimming, golf, the gym etc. I was almost a Navy brat, but not quite. My father was an NCIS agent for 25 years, but they are civilian workers as opposed to being enlisted.

5 mins ago, fishweewee said:

my first long gun was a pre-cerberus 870.  had a blast shooting clays. :D

The 870 is a great reliable competition shotgun

Apropos of the Navy, I see the complete command staffs of the McCain and FitzGerald are gone and a couple of them are facing charges of negligent homicide. The Fat Leonard scandal continues to grow, it just ate another Admiral and five other officers.  So far a dozen have pleaded to criminal charges out of 25 charged. Between these two events, the Pacific Fleet command is getting a huge shakeup.  It was needed, I guess. 

Brian on West Coast (Calif)  you have 1st Fleet //Pearl Harbor is the 3rd Fleet or what is called Mid Pac, 7th Fleet is Yokosuka Japan 

CinC of Pacific Fleet is in Pearl Harbor.

The Fitz and McCain both are units of the 7th Fleet  out of Yokosuka Japan, Fat Albert  dealings was with units in 7th Fleet, I have my own train of thoughts of what is going out with the units we call Forward deployed (7th Fleet). wait for last of chips to fall and see how close i am to calling problems  correctly,  Hint  (Deckplate Leadership )