Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishweewee

Remington about to file Ch11 Bankruptcy

27 posts in this topic

Dems in office are good for the gun industry as gun owners are always thinkin' their guns will be taken away any day....no reason to panic buy now

They've been sliding down hill for a long time now , It's being run by bean counter's not gun people ,All they care about is the bottom line .

They don't give a rat's a$$ about what we want , Just what they can make the cheapest and sell for the most $. and try for Government

contact so they can over charge and get a check regularly with little effort .

yup.  that and their product mix wasn't very intelligent.

handguns are the hot seller.

all they had were their crappy 1911's, an abortive attempt to resurrect a classic, and a me-too polymer frame striker fired pistol that came a little toa little, a little too late.

racking up a billion in debt ain't exactly smart either.

Remington is not the company they used to be. They started their downhill slide in the late 80's when they closed the Lordship gun club without a fight, then closed the ammunition and shot tower plants. Personally I have not bought a Remington anything since that point in time. I would however buy a fine old Remington

Outwardly it appears that when Remington announced they would be moving some work to Huntsville Al was just a smoke screen,,cant swing fast enough any more for upland Birds how ever my  870 Wingmaster Limited edition stay at home with me

3 hours ago, Al Sears said:

Outwardly it appears that when Remington announced they would be moving some work to Huntsville Al was just a smoke screen,,cant swing fast enough any more for upland Birds how ever my  870 Wingmaster Limited edition stay at home with me

Remington wanted out of CT. The sportsmen and gun clubs in CT offered money to help the battle with the State over lead pollution. I know, I was president of Hartford Gun Club. Remington never responded. They opened a small GC in Arkansas somewhere I believe. A year later the rimfire plant and shot tower was gone. We did have some old Remington men in the area that would show up at shoots with coffee cans of parts for 1100's and repair your guns for free. The guys in the CT area have passed on now> BTW, 870's are nice pump guns

3 hours ago, quonny said:

BTW, 870's are nice pump guns

Had my first one back in mid 60's the wood then was much nicer  and cutting design much nicer,same action, just cosmetic, mine was stolen ,never recovered of course, Kicking my  self now as passed on an 870.  410 used but nice for 400.00 

Posted (edited)

Every Company that Freedom Group grabs have all gone down the tubes , Quality ,Price, Fit and Finish goes away to cut costs .

Years ago I could call Remington Parts Department and find stuff for guns that stopped making but they still supported  them .

Freedom Groups Bean Counter cleared all the old stuff out because it wasn't selling fast enough , I hear from a factory Rep.they scraped it.

Edited by jolly mon

On 2/9/2018 at 1:40 PM, fishweewee said:

yup.  that and their product mix wasn't very intelligent.

handguns are the hot seller.

all they had were their crappy 1911's, an abortive attempt to resurrect a classic, and a me-too polymer frame striker fired pistol that came a little toa little, a little too late.

racking up a billion in debt ain't exactly smart either.

Colt should open up as custom shop only and make quality snake guns.

Spent the entire Harrisburg show right across from them.  BIG difference between this year and last year's display and booth coverage.

Not surprised at all. This has been coming for 30 years. They used to be my first choice for a rifle. Actually they are still up there, but nothing new

The only Remington I own is an 870 Express combo. Smooth slug barrel and a 28" VR. I love that gun. It must be one of the first ones, probably close to 40 years old. My Marlins are Marlins, not Remlins.