N. Shore Mass- Looking for info!

Rate this topic

hmarchetti

Love fishing the northshore PM if you want to get out there on fly

also might be worth getting a fishing sticker from town of ipswitch allows you to park at cranes beach from close until open i.e. fish the graveyard shifft

Edited by ctokowicz

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 7:34 PM, ctokowicz said:

also might be worth getting a fishing sticker from town of ipswitch allows you to park at cranes beach from close until open i.e. fish the graveyard shifft

I.E.- do you enjoy long walks in waders through tick infested dunes and soft sand for the chance at a giant?

I would ******* LOVE a grave blanket. icon14.gif

Hit the Bear's Den show and was blown away, never seen a fly shop like that before. Spent $100+ on bucktails alone... Met lots of people including Rich Murphy who very generously gifted me a copy of his book. Thanks again Rich! Awesome to see so much fishy energy at the show and get the low down on the area. Psyched for the spring!

On 2/20/2018 at 7:34 PM, ctokowicz said:

That would be awesome, I'll work on the post count. I'll definitely look into the fishing sticker, thanks for the tip

do yourself a favor and get in touch with David Skok. Great guide. Had a day with him a few summers ago.  Best day of shallow water stripper fishing i ever experience.Gurglers on top.

Edited by tomespo
others felt it was a spot burner

On 2/21/2018 at 11:16 AM, micros said:

Anyone fish Castle Island in the Boston area? Am curious to as if anyone had any pointers. Planning on doing some saltwater this spring.

Walk out and around the sugar bowl (from the parking lot) and fish the first inlet/outlet.  Tough with a flyrod but you can wade the sugar bowl too.  Gets crowded with all sorts of people.   There are other and easier places to fish on the harbor.

Qualunque stronzo può prendere un pesce da una barca

4 hours ago, Squish said:

Walk out and around the sugar bowl (from the parking lot) and fish the first inlet/outlet.  Tough with a flyrod but you can wade the sugar bowl too.  Gets crowded with all sorts of people.   There are other and easier places to fish on the harbor.

Good to know! A few years ago I found myself at Castle Island at 6:00am and it was beautiful and surprising empty. If I fish there, I'd probably hit the water pretty early just for the peace and quiet.

and Any other suggestions on some good wade fishing? I predominately freshwater fish for bass and trout in western ma, but would like to try my hand at saltwater this year.

2 hours ago, micros said:

Good to know! A few years ago I found myself at Castle Island at 6:00am and it was beautiful and surprising empty. If I fish there, I'd probably hit the water pretty early just for the peace and quiet.

and Any other suggestions on some good wade fishing? I predominately freshwater fish for bass and trout in western ma, but would like to try my hand at saltwater this year.

Early morning is best, and it is a beautiful place!

I fish both western Ma and the harbor.  When you have enough posts send me a PM and I'll fill you in on the harbor.

Qualunque stronzo può prendere un pesce da una barca