ksong

54 lb striper using 10' Black Hole Cape Cod Surf II Heavy in the Canal

155 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Here's to the guys that filmed that short video clip on the 54 pounder. What I seen; was a couple guys out enjoying the day fishing.

I thought the guys did a great job, on the filming, and sharing the catch. Looked to me they were having a blast, and didn't mind sharing their experiences. They were respectful to all; including the women sharing the trail. It was quite evident Lambro and his friend knew what they had, well before they seen it. It was great to see Chris George running over to assist; I would have done the same...;)

Congratulation men. Keep that rod bent...:wave:

Lou T 

Edited by Lou T

But wait, theres more!

for a limited time with every purchase of a rod, we’ll throw ina $20 bag of heroin and a broken water heater to scrap, at no additional charge! 

Posted (edited)

Just for reference, the "jebroni" who caught the fish has 10 count it TEN 50s under his belt and isn't even 40 years old.  They've caught and released many, many big fish

There's a reason why they're called the "slayahs"  up this way.  They get it done

Edited by rbart

11 hours ago, HugeDinghy said:

But wait, theres more!

for a limited time with every purchase of a rod, we’ll throw ina $20 bag of heroin and a broken water heater to scrap, at no additional charge! 

Hahahaaa!!

I was going to release my first 50 but you elitists inspired me to film myself rotisserating it and cursing up a storm looong island style. And then you can call me a newb and dumb!

I know a guy in his 30’s that caught 5 fish over 52” last season. No picture, no video, no nickname. 

Just a guy that likes to fish.

21 mins ago, Bobby bucktails said:

I was going to release my first 50 but you elitists inspired me to film myself rotisserating it and cursing up a storm looong island style. And then you can call me a newb and dumb!

Well Bobby Newb and Dumb, WELCOME to the site where you get burned by holier-than-thou "elitists" and the ethical police for keeping a perfectly legal catch . . .

11 mins ago, ged said:

I know a guy in his 30’s that caught 5 fish over 52” last season. No picture, no video, no nickname. 

And a very smart guy for not posting . . .

why is everyone, alluding the main post here, this is NOT about, who, when, where, how, this is simply a REAL NICE guy, named Kil-Song, just POSTING, his proud new line of fishing rods, i personally know, Kil-Song, he would never do anything to hurt fishing community, he was just doing what other fishing rod companies do, " displaying his hard earned work", his PROUD work, what his fishing rods can and capable of doing, nothing more, nothing less , look at the rod, not the person or persons behind it.....Its not about who catches the most fish, or who catches the biggest,its about FUN, FISHING....thanks....

8 hours ago, lureman said:

why is everyone, alluding the main post here, this is NOT about, who, when, where, how, this is simply a REAL NICE guy, named Kil-Song, just POSTING, his proud new line of fishing rods, i personally know, Kil-Song, he would never do anything to hurt fishing community, he was just doing what other fishing rod companies do, " displaying his hard earned work", his PROUD work, what his fishing rods can and capable of doing, nothing more, nothing less , look at the rod, not the person or persons behind it.....Its not about who catches the most fish, or who catches the biggest,its about FUN, FISHING....thanks....

I agree with you 100%, im just tired of the "im better than you" attitude 

On 2/9/2018 at 0:10 PM, ksong said:

I  will release all striper caught in the Canal except trophy fish like 54 lb.  It is a life time experience for most anglers and I probably mount the fish.if I catch it.

We have 71 lb cod mounted at our shop which was caught by Capt Tim Tower of the Bunny Clark on my charter on the American Classic 5 - 6 years ago.

The mount cherishes forever.

I am informed the anglers involved are veteran anglers. But you can see the excitement in the video. Even for the veteran anglers, 54 lb striper in the Canal is an exceptional catch.

A well known angler informed me about the video and picture of 54 lb striper using 10' Black Hole Cape Cod Surf II Heavy rod yesterday.

After watching the video, I decided to post the video as there were not many video and pictures of striper using the 10' Heavy rods at the rods are pretty new.

Ksong - great job on a nice line-up of rods.

You do realize one does not have to kill a fish to have a mount?  A couple quick pictures and measurements and back in the water.  Best of both worlds!!

Good luck down in Florida!

:laugh: The rod kicked that fish’s butt! I think that’s the point here. Very powerful rod. Unfortunate the fish wasn’t released but after watching the video again I see nothing wrong except that. I had a couple friends from south Boston that talked like that and had the same accent. 

Awesome video! "we needha bogah" just plain hilarious! nice fish, guy put in the work to land that beast. Looks like a few buddies having a good time.

16 hours ago, ged said:

Is there a point here, or just an attempt to trivialise the quality of the catch? If everyone was doing it, sol would be packed full of threads like these. In case anyone missed the objective of the thread, it's to show the capability of the OP's rods. Maybe you also know a guy who's a rod producer, and chooses to not market himself and document his products performing?

14 hours ago, ged said:

Don't know what I believe less. The 5 52+inch fish, or that a kid in his 30s would have no pics or video

^^^ that’s funny. Someone with no Facebook account.