ksong

54 lb striper using 10' Black Hole Cape Cod Surf II Heavy in the Canal

155 posts in this topic

Lureman, how many others were lined up next to you doing the same thing?

1 hour ago, xjclint said:

What's more amazing, the fact that these jebronis got into a 50 or that they owned a Black Hole? Seems like a Shakespeare Alpha kind of crowd to me.

Those 2 been catching big dogs for a very long time. Old school canal slayers

Maybe it is just the audio that makes me cringe.  

A lot of long time canal rats took their personal best last season. I believe I do recognize the angler with the fish. 

look guys, i think we are ALL getting off track of the thread and post by Kil Song,,,, i must say good things about that 10ft. jigging rod... once again nice work Kil Song,,, good luck my friend...

29 mins ago, lureman said:

LOL... WOW,,, really....there is a old saying why 20% caught 80% of the BIG fish... these two guys are part of that 20%....

So are you the POS with the ON THE WATER . Kill Cup Shirt ? Going down to weigh a fish that wasn't getting released and the douche running the camera i think is questioning letting it go so you could claim Catch release PRIZES . 

Garbage is what i see on that video . 

I bet that fish made it to the scales for the striper cup. I have been in that since it started, can take pics and let them  go now...

4 mins ago, whitey said:

So are you the POS with the ON THE WATER . Kill Cup Shirt ? Going down to weigh a fish that wasn't getting released and the douche running the camera i think is questioning letting it go so you could claim Catch release PRIZES . 

Wrong on everything

4 mins ago, 7 Rivers said:

I bet that fish made it to the scales for the striper cup. I have been in that since it started, can take pics and let them  go now...

Wrong

27 mins ago, xjclint said:

Based on the fact that it's daytime and he was not using a jig, I'd say it was mostly luck. Lots of people caught big fish at the canal this year but most were 40-44". Very few broke the 35-50lb mark.

Luck or not there are plenty folks out there in the canal and out of the canal who got 50's on plugs during the day time. It's fun but don't minimize the achievement because you haven't done it. That's the part that gets me. You can't keep big bass and now it's all luck because the guy showed some skill to bang out his?  If anyone buys that bull**** I have a bidge to sell you in Chelsea too.

2 mins ago, whitey said:

Listen whitey EVERY rod company, does this ,, showing videos and pictures of caught Stripers,,we are getting away from the post, like i mentioned take it up with the Mass. law-makers,

You can be in it and not catch a fish . All that is is a Win A  Boat Lottery . HERE is the Kicker Every Googan and we have all been one gets a Fish 36 inches and thinks he is going to Win Kills that fish . Chris Megan and the rest of that on the water gig should be Publicly Stoned . I got cash says Megan couldn't get Fish in a Fish Market 

Seriously man, anyone with gear capable of handling these fish could have landed a large bass this year. I know it was fun, I was there but I wont pretend there was much skill involved.

Posted (edited)

I am glad many anglers are conservative. 

However, you can not blame anglers as long as they don't break laws. 

If everyone wants to release stripers in the Canal, we should campaign  for it.  

I fish drum a lot in Florida recently and they all release drum unharmed. 

I go for it for striper in the Canal. 

It is not just striper. I hate to kill tuna too unless you eat them. 

Edited by ksong