chucksplugsinsudz

cpr or kill only whats your preference and why?

142 posts in this topic

Hopefully he was just doing some poking to get a reaction, unfortunately, there are heaps of readers out there who will see it as justification and an endorsement of their own actions. Keep only what you need to. :soapbox:

27 mins ago, Africaster said:

Hopefully he was just doing some poking to get a reaction, unfortunately, there are heaps of readers out there who will see it as justification and an endorsement of their own actions. Keep only what you need to. :soapbox:

Some people treat everything they catch with reverence, regardless of species. Then you have Marty, aka Van Staal Marty aka I Snap 10 Rods per Season Marty, hack up a wagon full of gator blues...for the shelter? to boost protein? I love dogs but wtf is that?

1 hour ago, buddha162 said:

Some people treat everything they catch with reverence, regardless of species. Then you have Marty, aka Van Staal Marty aka I Snap 10 Rods per Season Marty, hack up a wagon full of gator blues...for the shelter? to boost protein? I love dogs but wtf is that?

I do stripers also. Dogs love bass meat for Christmas 

ED82A215-B107-417C-AFB0-2288B81B2301.jpeg

My favorite meat is Tuna. Last year we caught 15 blue fin all over 160 lb. caught on Van Stall 250. 

E866B0D6-3652-4CC2-9342-925B2F14CBBE.jpeg

I caught and released this bass. But it wouldn’t swim so we keep it and eat it. It tasted just like a 28 in. Bass. 

CD375183-7C68-4C12-A374-FE332441A163.jpeg

The only rod I snap was that mojo rod.  I was over powered by this 

B199242B-67AA-4A24-B4C5-F235AE89F66C.jpeg

Funny how this started out as a kayak angler survey on C&R. Now its another "look at me, I caught a fish" free-for-all. Spring had better hurry up. 

1 hour ago, Marty said:

I do stripers also. Dogs love bass meat for Christmas 

ED82A215-B107-417C-AFB0-2288B81B2301.jpeg

What's the reg  on keeping bass again? :headscratch:

1 hour ago, kross57 said:

Funny how this started out as a kayak angler survey on C&R. 

I wonder why it was even posted here, there's nothing unique about the way kayakers keep stripers vs powerboaters or surfcasters.

1 hour ago, gellfex said:

I wonder why it was even posted here, there's nothing unique about the way kayakers keep stripers vs powerboaters or surfcasters.

How would you know that unless you did a survey? Never assume! 

33 mins ago, kross57 said:

How would you know that unless you did a survey? Never assume! 

Then the methodology is a complete failure since there is no way to exclude, umm, "gentleman" like Marty who are not kayakers. And even putting that aside, using the poll function would have yielded more usable results.

I got the feeling the op was looking for opposition data with the 'Kill Only' in the title. I doubt any of us are adament about taking every single fish. I release a gazzilion just barely 28" bass.

Then the methodology is a complete failure since there is no way to exclude, umm, "gentleman" like Marty who are not kayakers. And even putting that aside, using the poll function would have yielded more usable results.

That’s fresh water

17259F98-1DE3-44DD-8B5F-643ACB4542C2.jpeg

7A4573E7-3466-4BDA-BED9-2AFED521F831.jpeg