chucksplugsinsudz

cpr or kill only whats your preference and why?

142 posts in this topic

I eat 20x more blues than bass. All my post consumption bass and bluefish waste goes into my farm, I mean garden too! It gets converted into yet another wonder of nature!

Screenshot_2018-02-09-15-17-14.png

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, robmedina said:

Bluefish are NJ's BEST sport fish, hands down.  It is a shame that they are slaughtered just because you do not like the way they taste.  Really is a shame. 

Agreed. We have plenty of people on SOL rail against the "Nanny State", but it's this kind of lack of common sense that brings new regs.  If I accomplish nothing else as a father, I'll be proud that my avid outdoorsman son has absorbed my 11th and 12th Commandments:

Don't be an idiot.

Don't be an a**hole

All else is commentary.

Edited by gellfex

I don't/kill fish. It's self defeating and petty. I don't have much interest in photos either, but if I get something exceptional and I'm in a place where doing so won't cause any additional physical/physiological stress to the fish, then sure.

34 mins ago, cheech said:

I eat 20x more blues than bass. All my post consumption bass and bluefish waste goes into my farm, I mean garden too! It gets converted into yet another wonder of nature!

Screenshot_2018-02-09-15-17-14.png

Weed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

33 mins ago, gellfex said:

Agreed. We have plenty of people on SOL rail against the "Nanny State", but it's this kind of lack of common sense that brings new regs.  If I accomplish nothing else as a father, I'll be proud that my avid outdoorsman son has absorbed my 11th and 12th Commandments:

Don't be an idiot.

Don't be an a**hole

All else is commentary.

The problem people are the ones that hate eating fish and tell others their insane version of what fishing should be like. I say to them, I hope a blue fish bites them in the Pee pee.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, The Riddler said:

The problem people are the ones that hate eating fish and tell others their insane version of what fishing should be like. I say to them, I hope a blue fish bites them in the Pee pee.

True, but the other problem people are those that will keep it even if they can't or won't eat it, just cause they can. Oh sure, you can always find someone to give fish away to, even a dog shelter, but is that really necessary? I give some fish to my 84 year mom who grew up eating her dad's catch on LI, and bring some smoked blue to Yom Kippur break fast or when staying with relatives. That's it.

Edited by gellfex

I usually keep 2 fish a year. Badly injured  fish are kept. The rest are released. This past fall was slow and none of the keepers were obviously injured, I didn't keep any fish. That doesn't nominate me for sainthood. If a fish is injured it is eaten. This is first and foremost a blood sport. Nothing agravates me more than some yuppy asking if I practice catch and release. I'm damn good at it. I'm also damn good at fish fries. Ask my grandson's. They love my fish Tacos but they also love to release fish.

On 2/8/2018 at 7:29 AM, Marty said:

I release all bass caught on boat. I do keep blue fish and bring the meat to my local dog pound and to a few local vets. My daughter is a vet and when dogs have  surgery they need the high protein for fast recovery. The remaining heads and guts go into my farm. 

938D4BA5-BA9C-4A4E-A95B-24C67170D5ED.jpeg

Pretty handy with a filet knife.   

On 2/8/2018 at 0:43 PM, Marty said:

It’s not worth cleaning blues. Meat sucks. Dogs like it.  Stripers are different. 

Good thing you kept em.  It would suck to CnR a blue.  

On 2/8/2018 at 1:42 PM, Marty said:

Yep

A steward and his boat, never shall they be separated. 

On 2/8/2018 at 2:32 PM, Marty said:

Some of you should take up golf and leave the fishing to me. 

Agreed. if there were more guys like you...  oh wait, there are plenty.

Posted (edited)

On 2/8/2018 at 7:21 PM, Patomic said:

stripper 35lb.JPG

Great fish, great shot, great location.  Nicely done.   

Edited by 55555s

On 2/9/2018 at 1:54 PM, robmedina said:

Bluefish are NJ's BEST sport fish, hands down.  It is a shame that they are slaughtered just because you do not like the way they taste.  Really is a shame. 

+1

All sarcasm aside, its disgusting.