chucksplugsinsudz

cpr or kill only whats your preference and why?

142 posts in this topic

A) That's a nice fish. No doubt.

B) That has absolutely nothing to do with what we are talking about. If you want someone to tell you how great of a fisherman you are, you should probably start another thread.

C) We know your opinion on this topic. How about we hear someone elses.

10 mins ago, Marty said:

This is what we do. 

00467E14-8BA9-436A-BEE5-B6BBBE63C66E.jpeg

You realize you could feed a lot more dogs with what you put in the tank of that thing to catch blues? Just saying. But what you do is legal, so it's all good.

Posted (edited)

20 mins ago, Marty said:

Triple damned phone!

Edited by gellfex

Lols

internet never boring

i am not your usual korean

i don’t eat what I catch...

i eat sushi only in establishments I can sue...

Posted (edited)

I want the choice. If I want to eat, release, hang a trophy on the wall, guide...what ever....it's my right and business within the law what I want to do. Just like I've always been I could care less what other folks do, even if it's illegal or unethical in public opinion. I'm a plumber and a fisherman not a wanna be badge or internet ethics officer.

With that being said, I release 99% of the Striped Bass I catch. I just don't have the taste for it anymore. On the other hand, I slammed 6 Bonito in one day in my kayak last year and kept them all and ate heartily. Choices are awesome.

Edited by The Riddler

Your choice is your choice.....that being said, I started releasing basically all my Striped Bass for the last several years.   I really don't like SB meat that much either.   The Striper stocks don't look healthy right now and would love to see a bounce back.   I would like to see the Ditch turn into a catch and release area based on the reason I just mentioned.   I will eat legal Black Sea Bass, Flounder, Fluke.   I like to eat an occasional False Albacore but release probably 95 percent of them.  I would love to eat some Bonito but haven't hooked any (maybe next year).   I love to eat BFT when it's available.  I'd like to see the rec's get a slot law up and down the Striper Coast.   Killing big breeders sux's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  CPR big breeders if you know what's good for you people.    Have a marvelous day!

To answer the question - I CPR

To elaborate for those who like the drama

Actually, about 90% C&R, needs to be worthy of the P-pic.

I don't give folks crap about taking or releasing, personal choices of the fisherman.

I think I took 3 stripers last year, 1- because it got fatally hooked, 2 - because the family likes them, I could give or take the meal personally.

I just like to fish. the bigger the better, the more the merrier. I had an awesome 2017 season, and hope the fishery gets healthier and thrives - so I can be happy.

I hope WE ALL have another awesome year.

And kudos to those who may have caught and released "Betsy" for me to do the same - Thank You

stripper 35lb.JPG

Some olympic level douchebaggery in this thread lol...

I cpr all stripers so far, if I ever keep one it'll be between 28" and 30" and gill hooked...the more I fish, the less I want to kill fish. An awkward trend considering my youtube channel is centered around catching and cooking!  

I would rather catch fish than eat fish, so I only keep what I have to, and I'm thankful to the many other C&R anglers for the fish they have given me. 

However, I have no problem with legally kept fish. Poachers, on the other hand, are a$$holes. 

If you have a problem with people keeping breeders, or too many fish, or whatever, the place to put your anger is on the folks who set the limits and have allowed our fish species to get into trouble. Principally the various Fishery Management Councils, in partnership with states. If you have a gripe, folks, that's where you need to bitch.  Unfortunately, we operate within the boundaries they set.  And they have allowed one species after another to waste away. Mackerel, ling, cod, weakfish....  It's a freaking shame.  

Posted (edited)

18 hours ago, Marty said:

You should learn how to read some of the post on here. All the meat is donated to the local dog pound.  

Give the rack to the dogs as well.  They’ll clean it. 

Edited by The Riddler

I couldn't find any stripers to catch but if I had I would have released them 

Bluefish are NJ's BEST sport fish, hands down.  It is a shame that they are slaughtered just because you do not like the way they taste.  Really is a shame.