chucksplugsinsudz

cpr or kill only whats your preference and why?

142 posts in this topic

I release all bass caught on boat. I do keep blue fish and bring the meat to my local dog pound and to a few local vets. My daughter is a vet and when dogs have  surgery they need the high protein for fast recovery. The remaining heads and guts go into my farm. 

938D4BA5-BA9C-4A4E-A95B-24C67170D5ED.jpeg

If preservation is the goal why photograph? Removing fish from the water for the lens is never benificial for the species. Have you seen the "catch and fillet "tee shirt?

4 hours ago, Marty said:

I release all bass caught on boat. I do keep blue fish and bring the meat to my local dog pound and to a few local vets. My daughter is a vet and when dogs have  surgery they need the high protein for fast recovery. The remaining heads and guts go into my farm. 

Damn, that's some awful filleting, half the meat is still there!

40 mins ago, gellfex said:

You ain’t kidding. I could do a better job with a hatchet!! Seems like a major waste.

53 mins ago, gellfex said:

Took me 10 min. To clean 20 blues. You run the knife straight up to the head. Came out with 100 lb of meat. It’s not worth cleaning blues. Meat sucks. Dogs like it.  Stripers are different. 

971DEE95-8B81-4018-98BB-E5ADE2CBBA6B.jpeg

And there you have it folks, "the tragedy of the commons"! One person killing dozens of blues, becuz, WTF not? They're free!

6 mins ago, Marty said:

Took me 10 min. To clean 20 blues. You run the knife straight up to the head. Came out with 100 lb of meat. It’s not worth cleaning blues. Meat sucks. Dogs like it.  Stripers are different. 

971DEE95-8B81-4018-98BB-E5ADE2CBBA6B.jpeg

Nice wreath!! :o

3 mins ago, gellfex said:

And there you have it folks, "the tragedy of the commons"! One person killing dozens of blues, becuz, WTF not? They're free!

You should learn how to read some of the post on here. All the meat is donated to the local dog pound.  

4 mins ago, gellfex said:

These were free also. 

4225890F-A728-4640-A95B-27CC89BF4773.jpeg

Marty, you do realize that's exactly how people felt about Stripers 50 years ago?  If I cut down all the trees in your local park and donated the wood to build homeless housing, would you be good with that because it went to a good cause?

haul-seine.jpg

stripersonline-ae227164_seine91.jpg

3 hours ago, gellfex said:

Marty, you do realize that's exactly how people felt about Stripers 50 years ago?  If I cut down all the trees in your local park and donated the wood to build homeless housing, would you be good with that because it went to a good cause?

haul-seine.jpg

Yep

Gellfex, you’re saying I shouldn’t fill the bed of my pickup truck with Bluefish just because I can? What about if I feed the butterflies? Lol

5 mins ago, Pma531 said:

Gellfex, you’re saying I shouldn’t fill the bed of my pickup truck with Bluefish just because I can? What about if I feed the butterflies? Lol

This is what we do. 

00467E14-8BA9-436A-BEE5-B6BBBE63C66E.jpeg