Boater's practices survey,

Rate this topic

chucksplugsinsudz

Hi Guys,

Conducting a survey to see how many boaters practice catch and release when targeting stripes or would at least personally be willing to do so to help sustain the fishery.

VS:,

Those boaters whom are adamantly opposed to releasing their legally sized striper catches and more importantly, why they don't or wouldn't want to participate in CPR fishing (no judgement, just collecting data for a project)

Thank you all in advance, 

1 hour ago, chucksplugsinsudz said:

Hi Guys,

Conducting a survey to see how many boaters practice catch and release when targeting stripes or would at least personally be willing to do so to help sustain the fishery.

VS:,

Those boaters whom are adamantly opposed to releasing their legally sized striper catches and more importantly, why they don't or wouldn't want to participate in CPR fishing (no judgement, just collecting data for a project)

Thank you all in advance, 

^^^^Was that the survey? Shouldn't there be at least one question in a survey? :b:

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

I release the first legal fish I catch into my cooler after slitting it's throat and bleeding it out, then release the rest back into the water as quick as possible.

So a really good day is 1 in the cooler, another 20 or so set free, then set off to a wreck looking for some Tog.

Not really sure if you consider that C&R, or not.

Yeah there have to be more options than the two listed.  I don't come anywhere close to keeping all the fish I could legally, but I'd say about 1 out of every 5 trips I keep a striper.  I tend to get by with blues and bottom fish (sea bass, porgies).  I'll bag a couple towards the end of the year for the vacuum sealer, but I'm not the fill the freezer with fish type, I don't eat it fast enough to make it worthwhile.

The sea was angry that day my friends, like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli.

27 mins ago, pakalolo said:

too many variables to provide an answer, but I do not practice catch and release on bass, I take some home when the spirit moves me.

From your pics (great pics, btw), it doesn't look like you practice C&R on anything.

Neither do I. :p

16 mins ago, chucksplugsinsudz said:

??, 2 questions, have been posed along with an option for individual feedback as to reasons or motivation

Actually you didn't ask a question, let alone two - you listed the results you're hoping to interpret.  If you want to do a real study of any particular value you have to ask questions, and concise ones at that.

The sea was angry that day my friends, like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli.

When the fishing is good I look for a nice 28" fish the big ones goo back.

FYI all surveys suck the data can be twisted any way to hell and back depends on what you want it to say.

Post up a few questions and let us see where this is going!

There's no need to blow smoke up my ass as a lengthy preamble to your insulting another person. It doesn't fool anyone and it doesn't garner any favor.

TimS ---Tim To Otshawytsha October 16 2018 #3956

11 hours ago, chucksplugsinsudz said:

??, 2 questions, have been posed along with an option for individual feedback as to reasons or motivation

You used two question marks at the beginning of your response to my question...but none at all in your survey/poll. Polls/surveys are difficult enough to gather useful data from - not actually asking questions makes it even tougher :)

Just a suggestion, but you might want to start your poll/survey again - this time make sure the questions are clear and separate. You can even use the "add a poll" feature in your thread - then you can ask the questions and even provide options as answers like "yes" - "no" - "always" - "never" - "sometimes" - "white perch" etc, etc.  Just a suggestion :)

TimS

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.